A Wierd one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was walking across a parking lot this morning and saw the rear end on what looked like one of the mid 80s pimped out K-Cars, like a Le Baron.

I got closer and it said Maserati on the trunk
shocked2.gif

It was one of these miscegenations.

TC1.jpg

37.gif
37.gif
37.gif

except the port holed roof was on the car.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK11B6T9RULR4AD
Quote:
It was, of course, a brilliant idea--why not combine all the frumpy styling sensibility of a mid-1980s Chrysler with the legendarily spotty reliability of a Maserati?

That model was equivalent to the Cadillac Cimarron - an everyday car gussied up to pretend it's a luxury model.

I have seen Lincoln Towncars with the Rolls Royce Lady of Spirit on the hood. The front fenders even have stick-on numbers that read 20" or something like that.
Was there a joint venture, or just ghetto?

Originally Posted By: MrCritical
Chrysler TC by Maserati?

That's what it is. My neighbor has one. Sits in his garage and never comes out. Has 20k miles. He think's it's a collector's item. Sure, like an AMC Pacer...

Yep, a TC. A piece of [censored] made more expensive in Italy. Ain't no Maserati except by name.

Automatic
Sloppy suspension
k-car underpinnings
No power

All around polished turd. An expensive polished turd at that.

I think Letterman had some of his cronies dump gigantic water balloons onto one from the roof a high rise.

It might have been just a covertible LeBaron.....

Originally Posted By: ffracer
Yep, a TC. A piece of [censored] made more expensive in Italy. Ain't no Maserati except by name.

Automatic
Sloppy suspension
k-car underpinnings
No power

It had a 2.2L twin cam 16V engine. Around 220HP.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Originally Posted By: ffracer

Automatic
Sloppy suspension
k-car underpinnings
No power

It had a 2.2L twin cam 16V engine. Around 220HP.

Holden: Using a single sentence, tell me only the good things you remember about your Maserati TC.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

That's what it is. My neighbor has one. Sits in his garage and never comes out. Has 20k miles. He think's it's a collector's item. Sure, like an AMC Pacer...

Hey, there are people that collect anything. Let me tell you, Maserati TC collectors are very seriously into it too.
They had a big meet up at the Chryslers @ Carlisle show several years back. Certainly more of them than I've ever seen in one place. Huge amounts of memorabilia as well. I think took a picture or two.
smirk2.gif

I don't know why I know this but the TC's were available with the regular Dodge Turbo II (intercooled 2.2L) and a cobbled together 16v DOHC made from a Chrysler block with a Cosworth head as well as the 3.0 Mitsubishi V6 Chrysler used in everything. They were available with auto or 5-speed manual.

And no, I don't own one or have any desire to do so but I was into the '80s Mopar turbo cars.
LOL.gif

True - my neighbor's was somewhere around the 30k mark when he bought it new.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: MrCritical
Chrysler TC by Maserati?

At least the Pacer was honest about what it was.
banana2.gif

There are a lot of cars I wouldn't have considered having as new cars that would be fun to have now... if I had the parking space and the desire to care for more cars.

A friend's mother had one.

We called it the Dodgerati.

It was front wheel drive, but not a bad car otherwise. She kept it a few years and got some kind of a BMW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back