New Product from Asus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puts my old Coco Colour Computer 3 from Tandy to shame! hehehe
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Anyone want to stop in and pick up an Amiga ?

Got one of those, too, in my parents' basement somewhere. I wish I hadn't sold the Atari 800XL that I owned before that. I remember pulling my hair out, trying to load programs from cassette tapes... the level of excitement though was priceless.

I still have my old Atari 400 and all the accessories ( those tape drives were hit and miss ), and one of the original Osborne "portable" computers and software.

My first hard drive was a 5 meg winchester job that ran about $2K in 1984 dollars.

Was it MFM or RLL? Yes I know what that is, and I'm only 27!!!!
LOL.gif

I had a tape-drive and cartridge games for my Tandy CoCo Colour Computer which was a TRS-80 upgraded model.

I still have a COCO3 and some accessories. Sometimes, I'll get on there and write myself a little BASIC program. It reminds me of my childhood. I wish I would have kept my PCjr... That was a mean machine. 640K of RAM and it ran DOS 2.0

If you ever want to sell the CoCo3 I would take it off your hands... I miss it from my child-hood. I have the Tap-Drive, Cartridge games like Rampage, Joyticks, a Dot-Matrix Printer, and later on a 5.25 Floppy drive that plugged into the tape cartridge slot. Oh the memories!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I wish I would have kept my PCjr... That was a mean machine. 640K of RAM and it ran DOS 2.0

Ah! Another PCjr user! There's at lesat two of us here!

We almost bought a memory side car for that thing.

cheers3.gif

I have used one... Just never owned one... I got a Tandy 1000-TL2 286 SX computer after my CoCo3. Was pretty good. I liked the Desk-Mate software that came on it with Dos 3.0!

Originally Posted By: Win
I still have my old Atari 400 and all the accessories ( those tape drives were hit and miss ), and one of the original Osborne "portable" computers and software.

My first hard drive was a 5 meg winchester job that ran about $2K in 1984 dollars.

Just curious- was the hard drive a Corvus?

Tandy.

Partitioned into five (5) one (1) meg drives, as 1 meg is the most TRS-DOS ("triss-dos") could read, iirc.

Saw it in my warehouse a couple of years ago. I kept all of my early era computer junk, but the PC stuff goes straight to charity as soom as I am done with it. Got a laptop going out the door in the next few days, as soon as I can clean it.

I'm pretty sure that 5 meg drive was MFM. RLL (for PCs) came out later, I think. You could actually use MFM drives on an RLL controller to get more space, a 20MB MFM drive would be a 30MB RLL drive, but this wasn't recommended by the drive manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back