Kendall VersaTrans

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend's 2006 Corolla just turned 50,000 miles on the original T-IV fluid.

The local tire shop (Firestone) uses the Kendall VersaTrans for their transmission service. They offered to do a 12 quart flush for $109. I wonder if Kendall is using a multi-vehicle additive package from Lubrizol, such as this one.

Has anyone used the Kendall VersaTrans fluid in an application requiring Toyota T-IV?

That document claims compatibility with ALL Toyota ATF's!
shocked2.gif
I see no issue with using it in a T-IV application, but the fact that Kendall claims compatibility with both T-IV and WS is completely asinine.

What happened to the DIY cooler flush with Amsoil ATF?

Originally Posted By: AzFireGuy79
That document claims compatibility with ALL Toyota ATF's!
shocked2.gif
I see no issue with using it in a T-IV application, but the fact that Kendall claims compatibility with both T-IV and WS is completely asinine.

What happened to the DIY cooler flush with Amsoil ATF?

Valvoline Maxlife has the same claims, T-IV and WS. Also, Kendall's VersaTrans used to be a synthetic blend, but not anymore. Lubrizol says that their 9680 additive package can be used with Motiva Group II oils to satisfy all requirements. Of course I'm assuming here, but it kind of makes me wonder if Kendall is using a Lubrizol multi-vehicle additive package here.

As for the Amsoil ATF, I need to get the car serviced on Thursday and I don't think I'll be able to get some in time. The car's owner doesn't feel like spending the extra money either. I might just run down to the dealership and buy 15 quarts of T-IV for $70 and use that instead. Or I might use the VersaTrans. Not entirely sure yet, just exploring all available options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back