Not open for further replies.
AMSOIL 10w30 atm vs. MOTUL 10w30 vs. Redline 10w30

What are your thoughts?

currently using Amsoil 10w30 atm, and is great oil,

wondering what you guys think,

I want to have the least wear possible

thanks

Last edited:
Six to one and a half dozen other. I have never used Reline or Motul.

I use Amsoil myself, can't go wrong with any of the three IMO.

What vehicle you have might get you better opinions?

Yeah what vehicle? Driving conditions? Miles per year? Do you race your car at all? Do you know your oils temps?

Honda S2000 2.2 L

Been changing the amsoil every 5-6k miles

Drive normal/ weekend canyons sometimes/ just started tracking/ plan to auto cross

Drive about 20-25 k a yr (daily driver)

I do not know my oil temps, do you have after market gauges for that?

Thanks

Also, what do you guys think about after market intake filters like K and N vs. Stock paper filter, heard the stock ones are better for the engine since they block more dirt.

The least wear possible is your goal! Any of the three and changing at 6000 miles the engine will far outlast the rest of the vehicle components. The wear differences will make no difference in the overall life

I use Amsoil and change it every 10,000KM (6,000 miles), but I just got back a UOA that says that I could safely double those miles and/or triple them. I will be trying the double with a UOA before I triple. (also using an Amsoil EAO Filter) I think Amsoil makes a really good oil/filters and in your Honda I think you could go a lot further between changes and still get more miles out of your engine than the rest of the car will hold up for.

Honda's are built very well and usually get a lot of miles (300K+) with just Dino oil, so using Amsoil synthetic in my opinion should get you as many miles as your wildest dreams.
grin2.gif

Also a standard paper based filter changed very 10-15K miles is your best bet. As shown on here before. The K&N filters are just marketing hype. They seem to flow more air, but also more dirt and this can act as an abrasive in your engine. I would stick with a cheap paper filter with a good gasket and just change it often. Wix air filters seems to do a great job.

10.gif

If you're looking for a super 10w-30, add Amsoil's ACD diesel oilto the list. No VIIs. I've been running it for 3/4 of the TL's 69,000 miles.

I will vote for Redline since that is the only one I have used. I am useing it now with great results.

Any of them would work. Why not try a 5w30????

I would stick to a paper filter. I like WIX filters.

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
I will vote for Redline since that is the only one I have used. I am useing it now with great results.

Any of them would work. Why not try a 5w30????

I would stick to a paper filter. I like WIX filters.

I agree Redline will work great. The 10-30 is likely more robust and I'm pretty sure in Redline and Amsoil's case, they contain no VIIs where the 5-30 probably contains a small amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back