Green GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any fellow Canucks in the GTA that have 2 to 4 liters of Green GC
that they are willing to part with at the current market price?
I only have a couple of bottles left and would prefer not to mix what I have with Gold GC to use it up.

GC can still be bought from what I understand... Something about Napa autoparts carrying it or something.
grin2.gif

From what I understand they just removed the dye due to complaints from customers... Can't remember the exact thing, but that was the talk around here a while ago...

I'm sure mixing it will yield the same results.

if memory serves, the elf meister himself conceded that gold GC was as good as green GC, or better, since it had to meet tougher standards. as it's been awhile, i could be wrong. no blasphemy intended. they are both excellent products, so mix them with no worries. apologies to the elf meister.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
From what I understand they just removed the dye

Nope. We've had VOAs done for both. There was a change in additive package as well.

But maybe just at the same time, not because the "Green" was removed... Who knows... I wouldn't go by colour, I would go by UOA's these are like report cards on the health of your engine
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
But maybe just at the same time, not because the "Green" was removed...

Well, yeah. I didn't meant to imply that green color was somehow responsible for the add pack. I was just trying to state that color was not the only difference between these GC versions.

Not only did they remove the color, but they took away the scent!!!!
frown.gif

Very nice smell to it.

Atleast it taste the same. . .

Yes, I believe the unique smell of the 'green' GC was related to the complex esters in that formulation no one could identify.
So, not only does the 'gold' GC have a different add' pac' but likely a different base oil formulation as well.

I always read the the green smelled like gummy worms, but it smells like silly string to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back