Which cars are still made in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there anything left from Toyota and Honda that are still manufactured over in the land of the Rising Sun?

I think the Yaris is made in Japan. Wikipedia also doesn't list any NA assembly points for the Fit. Not sure about any others -- but Wikipedia has assembly location info for lots of cars so it could probably help you out here (if it's accurate).

Yes. The 4 runner is and maybe the FJ cruiser. Not sure about Hondas but mitsubishi has alot of vehicles that are put together in Japan.

Some models might be made in more than one country. Look at the VIN plate showing through the windshield. If the first number or letter is:
1 = US
2 = Canada
3 = Mexico
4 & 5 = US
6 = Australia (Pontiac G8?)
J = Japan
K = Korea
and more...

Originally Posted By: tom slick
I think Mazda still imports from Japan. It's kind of funny that it is easier to name the "imports" not made in the US.

My 2007 Mazda 6 Sport was assembled in Detroit. Most of the visible parts, like suspension and brakes, are stamped FoMoCo.

FWIW, the Mazda 5 and Mitsubishi Outlander in our family were both built in Japan. My old 1994 Corolla wagon was built there, as Toyota on built the wagons in Japan.

Originally Posted By: scoobie
Subaru Impreza. In my view their best offering.

Sorry, i care to disagree, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, hard to beat, and hold their price slightly over the Subaru here in Australia. WRX more common.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Yuk
Originally Posted By: tom slick
I think Mazda still imports from Japan. It's kind of funny that it is easier to name the "imports" not made in the US.

My 2007 Mazda 6 Sport was assembled in Detroit. Most of the visible parts, like suspension and brakes, are stamped FoMoCo.

The 6 is produced in the same facility as the Mustang.

i know everytime i go to get a part for my civic they ask me if its made in the US or a [censored] made one. I myself have never seen a [censored] made civic on the lot yet. All the ones I have seen are made in the US. I figure they gotta be out there if they asking.

Honda Accord Hybrid used to be made ONLY in Japan. I don't know if that is still true or not.

Civic Hybrid had the early the first few early deliveries from Japan in each new model year.

Honda Civics are made in Canada and some of these are exported to Japan.

My '99 Accord was imported from Japan because the Ohio plant couldn't meet the demand at that point in time.

My 2005 Toyota Echo Hatchback was made in Japan.

Last edited:
I know the WRX and the STI are made in Japan. Thought the other Imprezas models were made in the US.

Some 9th gen corollas were made in japan, as stated previously, VIN starts with J. I think all Prius's are made in japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back