watch out IE users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Taking a page out of Apple’s book, Google is now urging Gmail users to drop Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) in favor of Firefox or Chrome that, according to the company, run the popular web-based email service "twice as fast." Google also labels IE6 as an unsupported browser, meaning it fails to run some Gmail features.

Also hotmail is not working within the Chrome browser. Unsupported only works one way for Google?

Yeah, my opinion of Google is shall we say...corroding.

TNS: Have not tried Maxthon. Right now I really like Opera and IE.

I still have to go back to the original issue this thread was about and that was IE6 which is the 2001 version of IE. Most everyone using the Windows enviroment should be on IE7 (2005 version)...maybe beta8. Google has been hiding behind the beta moniker for gmail for how long???

Originally Posted By: mormit
Quote:
Taking a page out of Apple’s book, Google is now urging Gmail users to drop Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) in favor of Firefox or Chrome that, according to the company, run the popular web-based email service "twice as fast." Google also labels IE6 as an unsupported browser, meaning it fails to run some Gmail features.

Also hotmail is not working within the Chrome browser. Unsupported only works one way for Google?

Yeah, my opinion of Google is shall we say...corroding.

TNS: Have not tried Maxthon. Right now I really like Opera and IE.

I still have to go back to the original issue this thread was about and that was IE6 which is the 2001 version of IE. Most everyone using the Windows enviroment should be on IE7 (2005 version)...maybe beta8. Google has been hiding behind the beta moniker for gmail for how long???

It's just because google,as a large as it is, is always improving their products, someone says in a conference that even when the software has all the capabilities to be a release version, it can always be improved, that's why google is alway in beta.

Originally Posted By: DragRace
It's just because google,as a large as it is, is always improving their products, someone says in a conference that even when the software has all the capabilities to be a release version, it can always be improved, that's why google is alway in beta.

As far as I know, there is also an (implied?) difference in what level of support you are bound to give your users for a proper release versus a beta product.

I have always been a netscape, then firefox user... I never really liked IE... I haven't met a website yet that hasn't worked well in Firefox. And FF-3 is excellent. I like how I can save all my tabs open on BITOG and then return to them later without having to open them all again.
13.gif

Originally Posted By: DragRace

It's not the size of Google that puts me off. I hold a number of large companies in high regard. I also like small operations and open source as well.

I just have a problem with Google still playing the underdog card while taking up some very creepy practices. All companies are constantly improving their products but Google seems to be morphing itself into Big Brother rather than sticking to its motto of "Don't be evil".

Frankly, I have a higher regard for Microsoft these days than Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back