Most Useful Tools/Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

What was the brand of these pliers? You liked to amazon, but I couldnt find them.

Mine say Kinpex but came from SEARS. I have not seen this exact model for sale under any other brands though. They are around $15-20. I also have another large pair with more of a locking sizing mechanism.

Those locking ones are the best. The locking ones are called Cobra pliers. They are made by Knipex. I can't remember what the non locking ones are called.

A propane torch. Especially good for frozen or locktighted bolts. Also supposedly you can use it to find vacuum leaks, though it didn't work when I tried it for that. I think the nozzle doesn't flow enough propane to really let it get sucked into the engine.

A 4" piece of 3/8" tubing to stuff on the insulator of a spark plug and screw in the plug on a GM 5.7L marine engine. You cannot get your fingers close to where needed to screw in the plugs with a water cooled manifold and a spark plug socket with extension does not give you the "feel" needed to start screwing in a spark plug with no cross threading, but the tubing does. Turn it backwards, feel the threads pop, then turn forwards until tight, then use socket and torque wrench.

Propane torch worked on my 1986 F250 4.9l engine and located a leaking intake manifold gasket. I had a Innova timing light with a rpm display and when I brought the torch close to one part of the manifold, the rpm jumped up by about 25 rpm. It had failed an emission test and I was trying to locate the cause.

Originally Posted By: NYEngineer
Those locking ones are the best. The locking ones are called Cobra pliers. They are made by Knipex. I can't remember what the non locking ones are called.

Knipex Plier-Wrench?

Northern tool is selling a channelock brand set very similar to the knipex pliers. I have knipex at work and the channelock brand at home they work as well. Only difference I can see is adjusting the channelock brand is a little more difficult.

ratchet wrenches
impact screwdriver
hoseclamp pliers
hose pliers

These are the ones I use the most:

- Craftsman Robo-Grip pliers
- Dewalt cordless 6.5" circular saw
- LiIon cordless screwdriver & drill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back