The Email

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day God was looking down at Earth and saw all of the rascally behavior that was going on. So he called one of His angels and sent the angel to Earth for a time.
When he returned, he told God, 'Yes, it is bad on Earth; 95% are misbehaving and only 5% are not.
God thought for a moment and said, 'Maybe I had better send down a second angel to get another opinion.'
So God called another angel and sent him to Earth for a time.
When the angel returned he went to God and said, 'Yes, it's true.The Earth is in decline; 95% are misbehaving, but 5% are being good.'
God was not pleased. So He decided to e-mail the 5% that were good, because he wanted to encourage them, and give them a little something to help them keep going.
Do you know what the e-mail said?

I was just wondering, because I didn't get one either.

crackmeup2.gif

I would be in the 95% I'm sure... hehehe

If I were to make it into the 5% (yeah, right), my luck would be that G0D's email would get flagged as SPAM, and sent into the junk folder, where I would never see it.

Speaking from Experience... God doesn't have a SPAM filter, and reads each message he receives
wink.gif
(Not trying to sound crazy), but I know he listens to mine...

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Speaking from Experience... God doesn't have a SPAM filter, and reads each message he receives
wink.gif
(Not trying to sound crazy), but I know he listens to mine...
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the support on this... I never want to sound like one of those religious-nuts that's trying to convert everyone... But I did want to share my experience that I know the man upstairs is always listening because certain things in my life have happened and I know it could have only been influenced by him.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Yeah, StevieC, I know what you mean.

My Higher Power has helped keep me sober for almost 20 yrs.

I almost called it the end... Couldn't handle certain events in my life and was about to end it all. I found the man upstairs and I'm still here today. No medication, no counselling, no more bad feelings after 1 night of prayer at my aunts church with her pastor. Can't explain it, just stopped feeling so bad/depressed. Was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Been fine for over 20 years since. I'm now a firm believer...

I believe He listens. I just don't believe He always says yes. I'm not talking about with the lottery kinds of requests, but things like save my marriage, stop the divorce, allow me to have time with my child sorts of prayers.

Why else would affairs flourish, why would dads who believe be kept away from their daughters by unfaithful ex-wifes, etc.

He always listens, but He doesn't always say yes.

No poof magic ...collisions of people and circumstance that could only be configured in such perfect detail by a divine being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back