Horrible Gateway Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Gateway system in Feb 08' and have had nothing but trouble with it. Finally it died and after the usual contacting tech service and doing their feeble diagnostics, they declared the motherboard defective and had me send it back for warranty work.
Here is the real thing that ticked me off. They absolutely refused to pay for the shipping to them under warranty. It cost me $80.00 to have it packaged and shipped. This is total B.S.
I will never ever buy another Gateway product and wanted everyone to know about their policies in case you are ever considering one of their products.
At one time when they had a store near me with tech support they were a pleasure to deal with. Now they stink, and are probably on their way down the tubes, judging how they were to deal with!
Any other manufacturer I've had warranty claims with has always sent me a call tag.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Thanks for reminding me that they are still in business; why, according to your experience, is still a mystery.

I thought they stopped making consumer products a long time ago but apparently not.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
Gateway user since '99 here. Trouble free.

So was I till this experience WavinWayne! Just be aware of their warranty policies because they have changed, and not for the better. I'll let you know how the repair works out. If it comes back still screwed up I'm going to douse it with kerosene and have a weenie roast!

Originally Posted By: scudpilot
Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
Gateway user since '99 here. Trouble free.

So was I till this experience WavinWayne! Just be aware of their warranty policies because they have changed, and not for the better. I'll let you know how the repair works out. If it comes back still screwed up I'm going to douse it with kerosene and have a weenie roast!

I can understand your frustration. I am not especially loyal to Gateway; I was just relating my experience with their products, not necessarily their apparent customer no-service policies.

Where I work we were once a Gateway service center for the students on campus. However, we quit with Gateway due to their p***poor service, long turn around times for parts, and policy changes for our warranty contracts. My own experiences with Gateway techs are just a few of the thousand reasons I'll NEVER buy a Gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back