Rejex on glass Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
My long term test on this is complete now--When applied to really clean glass, it lasts just slightly less than rainx, UNTIL you you the wipers a lot. If there is wiper usage, the lifespan is shortened by a large factor, rainx beats it easily in this regard. The ice adheres to a month-old application of rejex more tightly than the side with rainx.
Note: the 'directions' for applying both products were followed to a "T"
I also found rejex to be more time-consuming to apply to glass, whereas rainx is a cinch...

Have you ever tried rain clear?

I have used it in the past with good results.

Eitherway, thanks for the test!!

Thanks for the information. I've been using it for about a year. I never tried it on glass, and I won't bother now. I am happy with the results on paint, but it did poorly on chrome.

Frank D

Interesting about chrome usage, the stuff seems to need a little bit of porosity to work well, it certainly works great on paint. I had to try everything due to the huge number of birds dumping on the paint while at work, and it is the best protection I ever used...a simple rainfall can actually wash most of off!
The car is black, so summer heat cooks off all the others' products, but not rejex. Of course, zanio prob. works as well, or so I've heard, but at higher cost.
And RG200, no, never tried rainclear, I had some rainx, so that was my 1/2 window test material...

Call me old school but I'm afraid to put anything on glass. Rejex on paint following the directions and allowing it to cure out of the sun really works. But boy was I disappointed to see new chrome center caps that had two coats of Rejex flash rust in a few weeks. The old caps that were on the van were on for many years and were waxed. I changed them because the tire shop messed them up changing tires. I was hoping Rejex was the ticket to them lasting, no cigar.

Frank D

In the salty winter, a slathering of "Boeshield T9" keeps the metal from oxidizing, but you would need to apply it when warmer. It is not an 'automotive' product, but rather a modern, CLEAR, corrosion preventer..like a clear cosmoline that is easy to work with. It will look poor while there, but this is winter-time, I never noticed it was there (on raw, polished alum. wheels)
Did this last winter, and in spring the wheels did not have the pitting on them that the prior winter/salt produced.
Kind of expensive, and hard to find. Get the 4oz. bottle of liquid, not spray at your fav. gun shop, maybe.
Sears has the spray, messy for wheels, and you're paying for propellant!

Thanks, I have a similar product that might just work. I never thought of trying it, you just got me thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank D

Interesting comparison results. I've been using ReJex on everything for about a year and would have thought the opposite.

Based on this post, I'll go back to Rain-X since I need the best on my windshield to make it through the Michigan winters (particularly the last 2 weeks). Guess there's good reason that Rain-X has been around for 25+ years.

By the way marty600, congrats on the high mileage accomplishment on your Jeep & Benz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back