directional tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought some tires for my daughter's Altima from Tirerack that are directional. That is the first I have heard of them. Do most tire places that mount tires know to mount them according to the arrow?

It's pretty simple. They have to rotate towards where the arrow is pointing to after being mounted, unless driving in reverse. Tell the tire shop in advance that they are directional if they already do not know.

Last edited:
Most tire places will know what to do with directional tires but there must be an awful lot of people who then rotate these tires to the wrong sides. It's amazing how many times you see cars in parking lots with their tires on backwards!
smirk2.gif

I wouldn't worry about it. Directional tires are very common now. The tire shop employees would have to be totally incompetent to not understand the concept of directional tires!

They had directional tires 25 years ago.

Just have your daughter 'politely' explain the the manager at the tire shop that they are directional tires and to please make a note of it on the workorder.

rpn,

The turnover at a tire shop is so great that they hire anybody they can get, same goes for a lube tech.
Who wants to get all greasy and dirty for such low pay ?

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
They had directional tires 25 years ago.

Just have your daughter 'politely' explain the the manager at the tire shop that they are directional tires and to please make a note of it on the workorder.

Better yet, just have your daughter tell them that HER DAD told her to mention they are directional tires. That's easier for her, as any "ugly thoughts" will be directed at you, not her
grin2.gif

Unfortunately my daughter is too good looking for her own good, and she did not get it from me!! I doubt the people at the counter will be listening to what she is saying. Maybe her boyfriend needs to go with her to drop off the car.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Better yet, just have your daughter tell them that HER DAD told her to mention they are directional tires. That's easier for her, as any "ugly thoughts" will be directed at you, not her
grin2.gif

I hate to say it, but that's the truth sometimes.

Most high school drop-out 87IQ tire installers who've been on the job most of a month know more about directonal (and most any other tire technology) than 9 out of 10 paper jockies on this forum. Cap-Racer obviously excluded!

Bob

Instead of worrying about the tire places, just teach your daughter to inspect the work before she leaves. If it's not right, she can politely point it out and ask them to make it right.

Even better, inspect before she pays. Gives her more leverage. This is part of learning how to take care of herself. At 25, this should already be part of her skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back