Prices going down????? Rotella 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past three months or so, the WalMart price for a gallon of Rotella 5w40 has been $22.

Today, I take a stroll down Wally World Lube Alley....and behold!!!!!.....

Rotella 5w40 has come down to $19 for a gallon.

I wonder if their cost to make the stuff really came down or if the $22 price caused sales to crater.

Originally Posted By: BigJohn
For the past three months or so, the WalMart price for a gallon of Rotella 5w40 has been $22.

Today, I take a stroll down Wally World Lube Alley....and behold!!!!!.....

Rotella 5w40 has come down to $19 for a gallon.

I wonder if their cost to make the stuff really came down or if the $22 price caused sales to crater.

$22 would make it hard for me to justify when M1 TDT is just a few bucks more.

I went to Wal-Mart just now and while yes, Rotella T Synth was down to $19 (Awesome!) A few of the M1 flavors had gone up to $28.

Quote:
I still have 2 gal. from when it was $13.44 .

And I still have about 20 gallons of the CI-4+ stuff I scored at Sam's when they were closing it out for about that price.
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: RWEST
Quote:
I still have 2 gal. from when it was $13.44 .

And I still have about 20 gallons of the CI-4+ stuff I scored at Sam's when they were closing it out for about that price.
banana2.gif

Same with myself, except I have other brands of CI4+ that I bought when the new CJ4 was coming on the market. The old stuff wasn't a deal at the time, but it sure is now with the skyrocketed oil prices!

At Auto Zone I got RTS for $17, but the price was miss labeled it should of been $19. At WW its still $22 last I saw. I need to get some more CI4 if they are releasing the CJ4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back