RLI + FSI (VW 2.0T Motors) + Fe Wear Quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have started using the RLI 5w40 and would like to hear from others on how well it has been working for others and if it has indeed lowered wear levels. Also does anyone know were the iron could be coming from other then intake cam lobe, maybe the cam chains?

But just looking for an update to see if this stuff is working like it is suppose to in other motors.

Very interested in hearing your experiences and others on this oil. Newly acquired 2.0T for myself as well, I just did a change with GC and the old stuff had a heavy fuel odor.

There is another VW owner (UG_Passat) who began using the 05w40 HD a couple months ago. We have been eagerly awaiting his results. I am waitng for my 1st delivery from RLI and will be doing an oil change with the 05w40HD this week. I will be doing a UOA at 5k.

Last edited:
I have seen UG_Passat's but going through alot of threats saw that some people were going to start using it. Trying to compile info if the stuff is actually working in our motors.

It seems like the cam follower issue that is in the FSI motor comes down to a oil issue. The follower does not have a good supply of oil all the time thus causing wear on the follower. There is a oil spray that comes out of the vac pump that goes into the end of the cam but is not supplying the amount of oil that would be best to keep the wear of it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back