anything smaller than MS Powerpoint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried opening some pics, and i got this message leading me to MS Powerpoint. According to the file size, it's around 430mb!!! Is there anything smaller that i can use?

You have a picture that's 430 MB in size or are you saying that MS Powerpoint is 430 MB in size? What format is the picture in? Is it a pps (powerpoint slideshow)?

Quote:
got this message leading me to MS Powerpoint

What message? What happens when you try to open the file? Can you be a little more specific? Honestly I don't understand your question.

The boss sent me some pics to my work comp. I then sent them to my home comp.I tried opening them but i got the message That says that It cannot open the file. It asked me what i wanted to do,so i clicked on "search the web for the right program" So it led me to a page on the MS site. The program that's needed to open those pics is around 430mb.

What kind of files are they? If you cannot see the file extensions on them (for example: my_image.jpg; where the ".jpg"
part is often hidden from your view), please right click on the file and select Properties to determine it.

Also, which version of Windows are you using?

I had something sorta kinda like this happen to someone who received a *CMYK* .jpg file, and their version of Windows (Win2k *if I recall correctly*) was unable to view it. If the file(s) are indeed image files and *not* native PowerPoint files, then perhaps we could suggest an alternative image viewer for the OP that could view and convert the file(s); in much the same way I often just tell folks to download VLC to play problematic media files.

430mb app to view pictures? I guess we know what department the guys who worked on Vista are now working in....

As indicated the MS PP view app is the way to go; there is one for PP 2003 also.

Or try openoffice.....

http://www.openoffice.org

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back