Cooper Tires - Made in China!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Saturday I purchased a pair of Cooper Lifeliner GLS tires to match a pair I already have on my 2002 Impala. When I got home and examined the manufacturing date I saw that they were Made in China. The pair I bought last March were made in the USA. I was disappointed that Cooper has evidently shifted production of these tires offshore, especially since I went out of my way to purchase what I thought was a product of an American owned company. I have noticed since then that Cooper has taken the "American owned, American made" signs off the dealer tire racks. I guess that goes to show you that these days you do not know where something is made even if you try to do your research.

What else is new...
LOL.gif

yeah, thanks... cooper was on my short list with their new touring tire... Ill need to be double-careful

At least they will be available at Walmart now!
crackmeup2.gif

All kidding aside, it's not funny... The whole world is made in China now.

The BFG Traction T/A's that I put on my niece's Grand Am were stamped as being made in Romania.

That was a bit of a surprise. The T/A's replaced a set of Falkens that were made in the Philippines.

(*shrug*)

My new Kuhmo AST tires were made in China. Surprised me that a Korea company would have their products made in China. Well I'll see how long they last compared to the other tires I have used.

Originally Posted By: ourfamo4
My new Kuhmo AST tires were made in China. Surprised me that a Korea company would have their products made in China. Well I'll see how long they last compared to the other tires I have used.

Kumho has had plants in China for a long time.

I wander if it's all cooper's or just these? I've been lookin at gettin some cooper STT's for my truck. Hmmm... anybody know where Maxis Bighorn's are made?

wal mart does not have great prices on tires... even their oil is up there in price now.. i used to love going to wal mart for oil problem was my wife would also want to go and i would save money on oil but would spend hundreds on things she bought this way their prices are high i dont go and my wife dont spend... the only one that dont like that is wal mart, hehe

Some of WMart organic products are more expensive than whole foods
crazy2.gif
. They established themselves as the lowest price retailer and when you are not paying attention to their prices, they take advantage of you.

With all of our manufacturing jobs leaving the USA, we are slowing killing our standard of living.

GMBoy is offering to open a tire production plant in his hometown and work there for $.50c an hour in order to keep those good jobs in America.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
With all of our manufacturing jobs leaving the USA, we are slowing killing our standard of living.

I had no idea where the Traction T/A's were made, as I had bought them from TireRack. I was really surprised when I saw they were from a place like Romania.

The Falkens from the Philippines came with the car.

However, The Michelin LTX's on my truck are from a plant in South Carolina. The Dunlops on my motorcycle are from a plant in New York. The Goodyears on my Mercury are from a plant in Oklahoma.

I hope their new CS4 tires are still made in USA. Coopers are usually a little higher in price compared to their competitors. I would expect this meaning, that their tires would be made in the USA.

Thanks for bringing that up. Thats good of TR to show where they are manufactured.

My OEM Continental Conti-Pro Contacts are from France.

I'm searching for replacement for '94 LS400, the size is 225/60-16, the criteria is long lasting and good ride. I got it down to 4 tires: Sumitomo HTR T4, Yokohama AVID Touring-S, General Altimax RT and Kumho Solus KR21.

The two tires are removed from the list because they are made in China and/or Vietnam: Sumitomo HTR T4 and Kumho Solus KR21.

Yokohama AVID Touring-S is made in US and too new without reviews. General Altimax RT is either made in US or Brazil.

It is nice that TR includes Country of Origin for consumers to choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back