Music File sharing lawsuits stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally some common sense... This is better for the pirates because they will just start encrypting the files so they don't look anything like an MP3 etc. when downloading/uploading... Thus keeping music-sharing going with no lawsuits... YAY!
grin2.gif

Besides I no longer get my music from P2P networks where it has to pass through a server first. I get mine directly from other sources so that their is no "Logging" going on. But now with ISP's sniffing what you're downloading I will be encrypting them.

IRC is where it's at. You should see the stuff I can find on these IRC Channels. Now I know where all the old B.B.S's went! Underground baby, underground!!!

IRC = Internet Relay Chat. You can download MIRC-32 (IRC Software) for free. You install and then you search the net for "#CHANNELS". You then connect to these channels in IRC and you can download stuff from servers or people chatting using MIRC. It's a great way to send stuff back and forth, because the connection is you and the other person directly. No P2P serving.

However ISP's will be starting to monitor bandwidth usage more. That will probably put a stop to big downloaders/Uploaders.

Verizon does not throttle traffic whatsoever.
AT&T does to an extent.
Comcast/Cox Communications are horrible.

I don't know about anything else. DSLReports.com can tell you more about your ISP and it's policies regarding throttling.

I'm lucky, in that we can get CDs/movies free at the library. I just rip cds straight onto my 30 gb IPOD

Charter Cable keeps NNTP downloads throttled down to 16Kbits. Bleccch. I'm soooo glad we're not with them. That was the worst month of my online life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back