Good Neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dragged the trash cans down for naught yesterday and what do I see on the lawn? Tracks and two rather large tire spin holes.

Later I get an email. "Sorry I lost it at your house, left divots....how can I make it right.....?"

I said it's fine, just someone admitting it in this day and age means a lot. He stops by and insists, so I just say two bags of sand will be fine. He leaves, and comes back and says the store is out of sand. So he puts a piece of paper in my hand. I didn't look at it even. We just struck up a conversation at that point.

Later I stick my hand in my pocket and come out with a $100 gift certificate for True Value.

wow. my dad's neighbor hit his parked car. she denied it. even though her red paint is on his car. police wouldn't do anything about it. merry xmas!

Quote:
Later I stick my hand in my pocket and come out with a $100 gift certificate for True Value.

Here, it'd be more likely that you looked in your hand to find a couple of crack rocks.
LOL.gif

Seriously, tho- good neighbor.

The world is getting so big and anonymous that personal reputation doesn't have the value to most people that it used to.

Nice to see that it's still important to some.

Very good neighbor.
thumbsup2.gif

I live on a curve so when I built the house knowing that this street was going to be the main street for sub-divisions going in behind me I kept the house about 7-8 feet above the street (makes for a VERY slippery north facing driveway with no sun on it)
06.gif

Well, the first winter I ended up with a few vehicles (mostly SUV or 4x4 trucks
smirk2.gif
) in my front yard. So I put in a 2.5 foot brick wall and put the lawn on top of that.

Next winter ended up with 2 vehicles hitting the wall. Since then, no one has gotten close.

It is amazing how much damage a brick wall does to the front of a F150 and Tahoe. (answer about $6k for the F150 and $4k for the Tahoe)

Good to hear you have a HONEST one Pabs.

I'm lucky too...

Merry Christmas! Bill

Thank you for sharing that incident, its very nice to hear about the good in folks!

so much of the news is bad and yet every day there are regular folks out doing the right thing no matter what.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Very good neighbor.
thumbsup2.gif

I live on a curve so when I built the house knowing that this street was going to be the main street for sub-divisions going in behind me I kept the house about 7-8 feet above the street (makes for a VERY slippery north facing driveway with no sun on it)
06.gif

Well, the first winter I ended up with a few vehicles (mostly SUV or 4x4 trucks
smirk2.gif
) in my front yard. So I put in a 2.5 foot brick wall and put the lawn on top of that.

Next winter ended up with 2 vehicles hitting the wall. Since then, no one has gotten close.

It is amazing how much damage a brick wall does to the front of a F150 and Tahoe. (answer about $6k for the F150 and $4k for the Tahoe)

Wait till somebody sues you for having a brick wall too close to the street.

Kinda like the burgler that got hurt in your house that sues you.

Originally Posted By: Chris142

That is why there is a sidewalk then almost 2 feet of grass THEN the wall.
smirk2.gif

They have to go almost 4 feet before they hit the wall.
15.gif

Explain that to the judge...

(BTW: the reason why I know how much both damages were to the vehicles was they came to (at) me and wanted my home owners insurance to cover it... )
LOL.gif

Told them to do 2 things...

1. Slow down next time on icy roads
2. Pound sand...

Take care, bill

HAAAAAAAAAA! Home owner's insurance.... pffffffffffft. They won't hardly cover damage to your own dam home!

You should have given those people the information to get in contact with your insurance company. That would've been a good laugh to know the response they got!

Quote:

One other comment..
32.gif

Here that is called trespassing. You lose ALL your rights here once you come into my house (or on my property) and are not invited.

None of this "equal force" stupid laws that some other states have.

Take care, bill

simple_gifts:

Why the claymores?

This person did something quite rare in society today. He admitted personal responsibility, which, by the way, is GROSSLY lacking in our society and manifests itself as the myriad of problems we are currently experiencing.

And you want to blow him up?

Nice. Real nice.

smirk2.gif

15.gif

(BTW: the reason why I know how much both damages were to the vehicles was they came to (at) me and wanted my home owners insurance to cover it... )
LOL.gif

2. Pound sand...

Take care, bill

some people just amaze me...
did you file a claim on their car insurance to repair the scratches on your brick wall?
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: dkryan
simple_gifts:

Why the claymores?

This person did something quite rare in society today. He admitted personal responsibility, which, by the way, is GROSSLY lacking in our society and manifests itself as the myriad of problems we are currently experiencing.

And you want to blow him up?

Nice. Real nice.

I think it was a joke.
21.gif

you know that if you didnt build the wall they would have been able to safely get back onto the street and wreck into something else.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

smirk2.gif

15.gif

LOL.gif

2. Pound sand...

Take care, bill

some people just amaze me...
did you file a claim on their car insurance to repair the scratches on your brick wall?
LOL.gif

Bill,

I know if that happen to me. I would have filed a claim on their insurance to get a new brick wall rebuilt each time it happened.
LOL.gif

Pablo. Can your good neighbors come spin out in the yard of my bad neighbors who place their trash cans in front of my house b/c they don't want theirs to look bad? One Monday morning they are going to end up w/ lots of trash in there yard.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: BrianWC
Pablo. Can your good neighbors come spin out in the yard of my bad neighbors who place their trash cans in front of my house b/c they don't want theirs to look bad? One Monday morning they are going to end up w/ lots of trash in there yard.
mad.gif

WHAT? I'd have thrown their cans back into their yard the 2nd time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back