GMAIL is the best in the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to pay for 10gb of e-mail space from another company. They did a very good job meeting my needs, but I got a huge-amount of SPAM from them but I needed the space (5gb) for my e-mails.

I finally got fed-up and learned from a friend about G-Mail. I have since moved all my e-mail from my old account to my G-Mail account and I couldn't be happier.

Even if I had to pay for the service I would, because it super.

Google, what will you come out with next!
grin2.gif

Seen the other way at work. They tried gmail for a temporary solution until they found out all major corps blacklist all GMail emails...

i get about 300 spam messages a month at my gmail account and I have a fairly unique username.

i didn't mean gmail was bad, each of those 300 actually gets filtered by gmail so they have a pretty good filter. I use POP to get my mail onto outlook, so i never see them at all. gmail is a good service, and I've never come across anyone who didn't accept gmail - including universities and big organisations. ....

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I have had my G-Mail account since 2001

Gmail launched on April 1, 2004.

But yeah, I find it pretty good as well. I actually have two different accounts on gmail.

I use their web interface and until now my biggest complaint about them was the placement of the signature when replying. But now they have tools to fix that through the 'labs' feature.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
Wife and I both use the free GMX Email.

Free Web based, POP3, $ IMAP email.

Best we have ever found!

Link To GMX Email

Sounds nice but how the heck do You import all the old e-mails to this new acct.?

Originally Posted By: freeze12
Originally Posted By: SrDriver
Wife and I both use the free GMX Email.

Free Web based, POP3, $ IMAP email.

Best we have ever found!

Link To GMX Email

Sounds nice but how the heck do You import all the old e-mails to this new acct.?

Never mind as it does it automatically,just take a while.

I use gmail as well. Great spam filtering and storage. Love the interface, although other have caught up a bit in this area. The integration of other google services. Someone sends me a word doc and I can just view it online.

Is there another competing provider for the services like GMail, Google apps, etc, that Google Inc offers? I just checked my Gmail for the first time in a couple months: 15 spam messages from this month. I never used this account for anything!

I saw some connector recently that sync's google calendars with a phone. Can't remember which one though. That's really cool for folks not tethered to work email/groupware systems.

Actually getting spam sent is not directly google's fault. Spammers just generate random names at the major providers like google, yahoo, ect. Getting them sorted out is their job, and that they do a good job of.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: StevieC
I have had my G-Mail account since 2001

Gmail launched on April 1, 2004.

But yeah, I find it pretty good as well. I actually have two different accounts on gmail.

Sorry Meant 2004... I guess it was a typo. I have big fingers!
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back