Filters cross-reference of Motorcraft FL400S

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had been using over-sized Motorcraft FL400S for '94 Lexus LS400 for a few years. I would like to make sure that these filters are similar size and they can be used on '94 Lexus LS400, in case my Walmart drops Motorcraft filters. For oil, I'm using Havoline DS or Chevron Supreme in winter and Delo 15W40 in summer.

PureOne PL20195
WIX 51516
AC-Delco PF56
Bosch 3422
Mobil1 M1-102 or ?
Others ...

Of these filters, which is the best buy - good filtering that lasted 10-12k miles and costs the least money.

I've cut open a good dozen+ FL400 variants and I've yet to find one that looked horrible across the brands (haven't personally done a Fram). Even a lowly Walmart Supertec looked good. The shell feels thinner on the 'cheaper' ones, but the media can, ADBVs, etc.. are all good. I like this filter p/n and definitely use them where they'll fit.

Joel

The problem is one Walmart close to my house has very few Motorcraft filters and no FL400s, but a lot Fram and Supertec filters. I didn't check the other stores, but in case Walmarts in So Cal drop Motorcraft filters then I need replacements.

The FL-2005 is a FL-400S with upgraded anti-drainback feature to prevent rattle on cold startup of the Zetec powered Focus.

Originally Posted By: ewetho
The FL-2005 is a FL-400S with upgraded anti-drainback feature to prevent rattle on cold startup of the Zetec powered Focus.

The fl-2005 is also now discontinued and superseded with the 400S which really concerns me as I've got a zx2 with the 2.0L zetec and I refuse to run the FL-400S on it as the FL-2005 was designed because ford didn't consider the FL-400S to be compatible.

Right now I planning on probably switching to an Wix 1315 if that helps you any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back