watch out IE users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firefox user here
banana2.gif

Just say no to Explorer!

we still have to use stupid IE occasionally... our bank's site never displays correctly on FF, and stupid blackboard also has occasional problems with FF.
But that's about all we ever do in IE, so we should be ok, I guess...
but there are still LOADS of people who haven't even HEARD of FF !
ridiculous !

yeah I guess I'm gonna get opera and just use it for those 2 sites IF they work ok on opera...thanks.

I hope the little Fox won't be jealous
frown.gif

No problem adding FF and/or Opera to your system at all.

Then you just pick which browser you want to open and use at any given time.

The one browser I tried and didn't like was Google Chrome. It was slower than the other three on media content on my box.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:
Thank God nobody in their right mind browses with IE......
Or you work @ a company that mandates it.

Both of my work machines still use IE 6!
39.gif

But I've installed FF 3 on both and use them exclusively for web browsing ... IT has a policy against installing our own software but I'm doing them a favour using a more secure browser.

This subject never ceases to amaze me. Those of you who assume you are safe because you are not using IE should think again.

Very serious vulnerabilities exist among ALL browsers.

Although I too use Opera and FF, I still have IE 7.0 that I use on occasion.

Originally Posted By: Zembonez
This subject never ceases to amaze me. Those of you who assume you are safe because you are not using IE should think again.

I have a few sites that I'd like you go to using IE 6 or IE 7, then go to them with any of the Mozilla variants or Opera. With IE, you WILL have a plethora of junk automatically installed. With the others, you won't have any stuff installed.

Are you Paul Thurott in disguise?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Zembonez

Very serious vulnerabilities exist among ALL browsers.

Although I too use Opera and FF, I still have IE 7.0 that I use on occasion.

No, I assume I'm safe because I run linux. Opera and Firefox are just better designed and easier to use with the bonus of being less vulnerable.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
we still have to use stupid IE occasionally... our bank's site never displays correctly on FF, and stupid blackboard also has occasional problems with FF.
But that's about all we ever do in IE, so we should be ok, I guess...
but there are still LOADS of people who haven't even HEARD of FF !
ridiculous !

I wouldn't trust a bank that cannot get a website working right with FF. If I were you I would switch bank instead.

Originally Posted By: oily boyd
Anyone in their "right mind" can browse safely with IE if using Sandboxie.

I have zero problems with IE and Windows XP. No virues, malware, no crashes. Never have had a "blue screen of death". Microsoft has 95% of the desktop market for a reason.

Linux is a fun....maybe even better alternative with so many different varients.

All fun. Do I want to play in XP, Ubuntu, DSL, or Sabayon? Depends on the machine and your mood. Good to have more than one browser at the ready too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back