What is best coolant/headgasket sealent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 95 neon, SOHC ATX.. past few weeks, ive heard a gurggling noise in radiator..last night, realized hte level was low under the rad cap..been through this before..its a headgasket.. hvae an exhaust leak, so maybe that is causing coolant loss?
well, last year i used K&W nano technology...got a year out of it and 3,000 miles.. I see bar leaks has stuff. but have read it will gum up the engine pretty good...and i saw Blue devil..but have read that is BAD...
i see NAPA has a headgasket in a bottle.. blue devil is more a jsut add and go thing.. where bars leak requires drainage, set for 12 huors, drain ect..
is their anyting simple? is blue devil that bad?

lol i know JHZ but thats cash i dont have on me right now...
so thats why im asking about sealants...

Conklin Dike is a great temporary sealant that works well but won't clog up your cooling system.

Never heard of Conklin dike...man thas a weird name lol. I have a NAPA near me, that sells MACKS headgasket sealer..an autozone that sells bars leaks.. and i saw blue devil...man for $60 a blue liquid in a 32 oz. bottle! Thier is an advance auto that jsut opened... their stuff any good?

Just keep adding coolant and change your oil rather than taking everything apart and use coolant/HG sealant. It is the labor that cost the $, not the parts.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Just keep adding coolant and change your oil rather than taking everything apart and use coolant/HG sealant. It is the labor that cost the $, not the parts.

I don't think that is an option really, I had to get my headgasket changed on my 95 SOHC Neon a month ago and it was an unhappy engine with the blown headgasket. I guess if you only want the car for another month and then dump it you might try it. neons.org has instructions on how to change it yourself but it is a good full weekend job if you haven't done it before.

I had it done for me using new headbolts, new water pump, timing belt, belt tensioner, and it wasn't cheap, but its still cheaper than getting another [censored] car with unknown problems lurking...
Ian

Best short term fix I've found is K+W Block Sealant. Get it fixed quick afterwards though.

I have worked with many people that have gotten good results from Blue Devil cooling system products.

That in mind, the only sure way to stop the leak is to do the repair.

Thanks all:) Yeah i know getting it fixed is the solution,, i can afford the parts, tis the labor=time.. money. Last year, i had used k&w in a greenish bottle nano technology and it worked terrific..i got 1 year out of it:) I have tried taking my UPD off once, with a wrench, and i coundt budge it..i dont have air tools.. and getting pistons to top dead center, i still dont quite understand how to do.. i mean how to crank the engine over to get the #1 piston TDC... and even if i could, i have no idea how to mill the head, making sure its balanced, unwarped and flat..otherwise, putting a headgasket on is pointless..from what ive learned..
I bought some blue devil and gunna try that, and save as much as i can..have a mechanic i know do it:)
thanks all:)
By the way...would you all go with OEM parts, or NAPA (felpro) parts.. i see OEM headgasjets from chrysler, require a copper spray,,,a nd aftermarket fel pro headgaskets,..come with sealant already on the gasket, it cures it when installed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back