Honda's biggest HS1132 track drive snowthrower...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here recommend Honda's biggest HS1132 track drive snowthrower?

I love the hydro drive and 2 year warranty but I hate the price tag of $3000 out the door even if it's with 12 months no interest no payments.

I have a snow removal company and this is my first year for snow removal. I already have the Toro Single stage 421 and back up 221 with the quick shoot.

Anyone here use the Toro single side by side with the big boy Honda track drive?

I need some direct equipment comparison between the big Honda and my Toro singles?

Yes I've seen that video. :)

My dealer has only one left. Will let it go for $3000 with tax OTD and will also do 12 months no payment no % on a special Honda Promotion. It's spendy and I would not be able to do it with out that type of financing plan.

It would/will be used commercially like my Toros. People are buying up snow thrower left and right since we had a nasty winter last year. All 928 Honda are gone for the season. Honda is flat out of stock. Honda doesn't have any more HS1132 in the supply system.

I know it will be gone shortly.
06.gif

I will kick myself if I buy it and I will kick myself if I don't.
09.gif

My Toros are great for lighter snow and paved surfaces but I have to currently turn down customers with gravel driveways. The adjustable tilt track drives would work great on gravel driveways.

Last edited:
Good luck on your decision.

If you have a heavy winter, I can't imagine that thing won't make money for you.

You know those things still retain a lot of their value on the used market, too... maybe that makes buying it more attractive.

Also, since it's a business expense, your slight tax reduction makes it a little less expensive.

I wish I had such a large driveway that I could convince my wife that we needed one!

For heavy snow no single stage blower will hold a candle to any of those large Honda blowers. I use a single stage Ariens for most of my clearing, but about four times a year I have to pull out my big double stage for heavy snow, especially late in the year when it is a very wet and heavy snow. If I were in the snow removal business I would not hesitate to buy one of these Honda units.

Last edited:
My brother has a '8' hp Honda; wheels not the tracked one.
He can out blow his neighbor with his John Deer 8 hp.
That guy worked for John Deere and he's JD all the way.
The Honda blow snow farther and can go faster that the JD;
causing some embarassing moments each wither.

I've clocked quite a few hours with a smaller, older track drive Honda 2-stager. They do have NO problem blasting through the snow. They are the best that way IMO. What I don't like is the lack of 'give' to the drive on these machines. The heavy force from the tracks will SLAM the blower housing against any cracked/heaved sections of pavement. You also don't get any free-wheel and will wear yourself out in situation where you need to wiggle, drag or pull the machine back by hand. Wheeled, friction disk drive machines can be pulled back super easily without ever having to use reverse. Much quicker. You don't need to stop, change to reverse, etc.

Joel

Last edited:
Done deal I've got it on hold at the dealer. Picking it up on Thursday morning and doing the no payment no interest for 12 months. The singles will probably see more overall use than the Honda but I was getting more than concerned about what would happen if snow conditions literally buried me and I'm stuck with the Toro singles.

I'm a reliable person and I don't want to tarnish my reputation by being stuck hand shoveling if the Toro can't handle it. From what I can tell the productivity numbers are better on the Honda over the other competitive units on the market.

Had a 8 HP 24" Ariens...now a ( 9 HP 28" Honda)...fyi the 9 HP engine really puts out 9.9 HP according to Honda; feels like it too.

The Tec L-head on the Ariens iron lined always ran great with proper maint. Ariens was a great machine in the mid '70's.

The Honda engine starts on 1/2 of a pull. Amsoil High Perf. oil 5w-30.

The auger and hydro unit are not easilly user servicable...and that's fine..the fluids are all clean after 7 yrs. Why mess with success?

I think...

Honda is best; followed by Simplicity and then Ariens.

Also..Deere is real good...

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalo...LP1695450&tM=HO

Last edited:
Those things hold their value so well you can't lose. Use it for 5 years to generate revenue and you could probably sell it for $2200, at least.

I bought my Honda HS928 in 2000 for $1500.00

Could sell it for the same.

It is overkill 10x what you will ever need.

2 feet of snow are where it starts to work a little..the engine is a toughy!

If the 9 HP engine puts out 9.9 HP the 11 hp engine must put out 12.5 HP.

Lot's of torque.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny
Now, we want pictures of you blowing snow in Idaho with that new machine.

04.gif
Yes will do a high resolution YouTube video if when I get a chance. I also want to post YouTube video for the Toro singles as well.
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: JTK
I've clocked quite a few hours with a smaller, older track drive Honda 2-stager. They do have NO problem blasting through the snow. They are the best that way IMO. What I don't like is the lack of 'give' to the drive on these machines. The heavy force from the tracks will SLAM the blower housing against any cracked/heaved sections of pavement. You also don't get any free-wheel and will wear yourself out in situation where you need to wiggle, drag or pull the machine back by hand. Wheeled, friction disk drive machines can be pulled back super easily without ever having to use reverse. Much quicker. You don't need to stop, change to reverse, etc.

Joel
The HS1132 has a hydro dive by-pass that allows for easier pushing and pulling. There is also a powered variable reverse as well. Turning the machine in tight quarters takes some doing but is done by using your hip against the inside of the handle bars to make it a bit easier.

Did the older Hondas lack a powered reverse?
21.gif

Did I also mention this puppy fits in my truck with the canopy in place.
04.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back