E-machine won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a spare computer, E Machine in the basement that is dead. It's about 4 years old and used very seldom. Worked fine, then I tried to turn it on and it acts like it isn't plugged in. Checked the power cable, and plug it is in and all is good. Is there a circuit breaker that maybe has popped? Anyone know? I am thinking maybe the power supply just died.

I thought I had a dead PS on a machine here at work that was left unplugged for a long time. Come to find out the CMOS battery died and that was causing the machine not to power on. I left it plugged in over night, and it had powered on by itself the next morning. I guess the CMOS battery had charged overnight. Worth a try anyhow to leave it plugged in to see if that has any affect.

Since I'm the "Techie" in the family, I get all the phone calls and questions.. lol... anyhow, my brother-in law's mom went through two E-machines in a year.. got one of them fixed under warranty, and then died after the warranty was over... I wouldn't wish those pieces of garbage on anyone!

You got your money worth for 4 years on an E machine, their components don't last even 2 for most people I know. Junk it and get something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back