Mothers: Reflections spray wax or FX spray wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who uses these two and which do you like better. I have been using the Reflections spray wax.

Seems like it protects fairly well and is easy to apply. I am also more likely to do it more often then 2-3 step waxing jobs.

I've got them both and honestly can't tell a big diff between them. I like the FX spray wax as to me it leaves a little brighter shine and feels a little slicker.

It sort of depends on how you are using them. Either is fine as a booster wax to their companion products. As stand-alone spray waxes, it's almost a toss up.

I have both. The FX is a thinner formula so it applies a little bit easier and will leave a slightly higher gloss but the Reflections is more durable. They are very close in appearance. If you want a gloss enhancer (better than Showtime) go with FX. If you really want a good wax booster go with Reflections.

Reflections spray was originally a spray, allow to haze product and now it is spray on / wipe off.

Last edited:
Good point. FX works more like a QD while Reflections more like a traditional spray wax.

I think Mothers did this because the customer base for each product wanted something different; the Reflections customer is more your hot rod/muscle car guy who has been using carnauaba waxes for years and doesn't want to use something that's different. The FX customer is younger and into the sport compact scene who prefers something real easy with a higher gloss for extra bling.

Two different products for different customers but both work well.

You can use them under your current wax. They seem to work well with everything as well as Mothers products.

I typically use them as stand alone products, as when I'm doing a basic car wash I'll spray on FX for a little extra shine and protection. I also use it on show cars that need shine rather than protection.

Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer is the best one that works for me,easy spray on and wipe off, Super shine and Super slick touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back