Run Flat Whel Inserts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where to purchase run flat wheel inserts for light trucks/cars or have any experience using them? I'd prefer the very hard rubber variety, but I'm open to all opinions. They seem a sturdier option to the run flat tires.

Anyone? Friends in Iraq said they work well on the hummers. A nice saftey option in case a tire gets shredded by rode debris or on those back country rocky roads.

They've been in use for decades on military vehicles with wheels(ie. British Ferret) and now are used for civilian armoured vehicles and hummer upgrade kits. I believe Michelin has them mainstream now called PAX I think? Some are a 2 piece shell that clamps around your wheel providing support if the tire is shredded. I'm not sure where to purchase them though.

Last edited:
The Honda Odyssey has been using the PAX system in the Touring model since MY05 - the problem is when the tires wear out and you need to replace them - lots of places can't handle the PAX system, and there aren't many choices for tires as they are a non-standard size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back