New Porshe 4-door - what say you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porsche have made some good moves over the past 10 years. The Boxster and the Cayenne for example. They now own a majority of VW.
Can't argue with success. I bet they'll sell a bunch of them.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Not that I could ever afford one, but if I WERE in the market for a super-high peformance sedan, I think I'd go for a BMW/Audi before this - Porshe's are meant to just be for 1 or 2 people...

What say you?

I'm wondering the same thing. Will this car cannibalize the potential sales of Audi S8 that also belongs to VAG?

Looks good from the front and back, but kind of odd from the side. I don't think it looks bad. I'd test drive it if I were in the market for an expensive German sport sedan.

To purists, a four door Porsche is a bad idea. But from a sales and marketing standpoint, it makes tons of sense. People scoffed at the Cayenne and it practically saved the company. With sports car (Carrera, Boxster, Cayman) sales tanking overall, it's a smart move. If it comes out right, it will have status, style and performance and that's what a Porsche owner wants.

Looks odd from the side. It could be the length doesn't work too well with the design of the front and rear ends. I think I would go for some other sports sedan as well.

It certainly has a unique appearance. I like the front, but I'm kind of undecided on the rest of it.

It's no surprise the purists don't want a four door, but it does make good business sense. I'm sure they won't have a problem selling them.

How ugly, it looks like a frog.
frown.gif

And I thought the Cayman was ugly.

The 4-door Porsche concept isn't new. There have also been custom made 4-door Porsche versions. I always liked what they did with the 928. Check out the red 928. Also seen here.

Better than a Touareg, but now Porsche will find itself competing witth BMW & M-B. This may diminish the exclusivity of their sports cars - but no more than a Touareg does.

Is it a front engine or rear/mid-engine car?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Throckmorton
This may diminish the exclusivity of their sports cars - but no more than a Touareg does.

I don't understand what Touareg has to do with this Porsche move. VW introduced Touareg to compete with the SUVs of Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc.

I guess I am in the minority because I like how it looks, even from the side. It reminds me of an old citreon or something and has the "funky" factor. Not saying it is gorgeous, but it is unique. One thing is for sure, it definately won't look like everything else on the road. I am not a fan of the cayenne at all but I like boxster and 911. On the fence about cayman due to rear end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back