BG vs LUBEGARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
Lubegard is an additive that is intended run continuously with your fluid of choice with the idea that it may improve the quality of that fluid. It does contain bio-derived esters as well as other compounds.

Auto-Rx is intended as a safe cleaner to use in your transmission for 1000-1500 miles to gently clean the metal throughout the unit. It is recommended to do a complete fluid exchange after the cleaning miles have been run. No "rinse" cycle is needed for automatic transmission application. Just go back with your fluid of choice or recommended fluid.

If you have some Lubegard in there with the ARX, just run it longer, like 1500 miles. They are both esters, and it may take a few more miles to clean it completely.

Can the Lubegard Bio engine oil attitive be safely used with A-Rx maint dose?

My brother has been using Lubegard Bio Oil additive for years in his engines, and is very pleased with it. I am trying to convince him to use A-Rx maint dose in his new Ram P/U but he won't stop with the Lubegard Bio. Think he'd use both or just stick with the LG Bio.

Thanks
Frank D

He would not hurt anything. I do believe that the maintenance dose of ARX alone would be more effective at keeping clean, and preventing wear, etc than the bio esters of LG. Besides, it will be more economical to buy and use. Has he already run a clean and rinse?

I've used both and the LG bio engine is a great product but expensive to use every oil change. I think more benefit is gained with ARX. This is my opinion.

He just bought the Ram P/U and is planning on dumping the factory fill at 1000 miles, then adding the LG Bio Oil Additive. I've been running A-Rx maint dose in a new Jeep and was trying to swing him in that direction. He asked if both could be used and if there would be any additional benefits. I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks!
Frank D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back