Tire Shine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So dupont tire shine stock is gone. =( Does anyone know what tire shine will protect the tires the best from UV damage and cracking wihtout turning them brown? Im looking for good protection because I have long life tires and want to keep them in good shape. Thanx

I use and really like Meguiars NXT Tire Shine.
It says it protects tires from drying out and UV rays.

I really like it because it turns my black tires into chrome tires!!!!

I have used every "over the counter" tire shine, and alot of of mail order ones.
the NXT looks the best IMO

Anything that does NOT contain silicones or petroleum distillates. Unfortunately (for your tires), most do. You have to look carefully for ones that don't. I think the 303 protectant doesn't. I've been using either the Michelin stuff or Black Magic's new Titanium finish. Both of those are water-based and are safe for rubber.

You are looking for the best in protection not just "shiney tires". With that in mind I fully agree with Aerospace 303, nothing else compares to it. It's uses are many including the dashboard and internal/external plastics & vinyl.

Here's a little blurb from them:

303 is THE LEADER in UV Screening Technology. 303 Aerospace Protectant really is like "SPF 40 Sunscreen ... For Your Stuff." Regular use gives 100% Prevention of UV caused slow-fade with regular use. No other "protectant" beautifies as intensely, protects as powerfully or lasts as long.

The World's Most Manufacturer-Recommended Product:
Because of its enduring cosmetic properties, the resistance of 303-treated surfaces to dust, soiling, and staining, its water repellency and unparalleled protective characteristics, manufacturers worldwide recommend 303 Aerospace Protectant.
303 Aerospace Protectant keeps UV-sensitive materials "like new" year after year.

I do not sell it nor am I affiliated with anyone that does. I do buy it though........ by the gallon.

Personally, I don't use anything on my tires. All these so called tire dressings just pull the oils that are in the rubber out and dry out the tires in the long run.

But if you really must use something, the 303 has my vote. I use it for other things.

the 303 looks interesting, but pricey.

I have used soap and water and scrubbed with a stiff brush then sprayed on the advance auto (bought it BOGO) baby oil looking stuff. Since I drive 15,000 miles a year my tires need to be replaced every 4 years max anyways.

303 is good stuff. It makes the tires look shinier, but not exceedingly shiny.

Also used it on the rubber door seals and interior vinyl with mighty good results.

Originally Posted By: cornfused
Stupid question but where can one buy 303? I don't recall seeing it anywhere.
I buy it at an RV supply store called Camping World.

303's also the only product reccomended for use on "Sunbrella" cloth as used in boat covers, bimini tops,etc. Restores waterproofness, and blocks uv.

Bob

I am a big fan of 303 on tires and plastic/rubber trim as well - it's great - lasts a while and makes things look new.

The one thing which it does not do is make things ultra-shiny/wet looking, so if that's what you are after, 303 isn't the thing to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back