General Grabber HTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed them on my 3 work 06 and 07 Ford Explorers..replacing Michelin Cross Terrains, Goodyear Integritys and BFG Long Trail TA's.

Very smooth, quiet ride. Handling is very good. Where I live and where my vehicles go, no rain yet (maybe tonight LOL) but light off road is good.

FWIW Tire Rack and Consumer reports top rated. So far (3,500 miles) I would not disagree

Lately, General Tire has some very good Passenger and Light Truck tires and very reasonable prices. General Tire would be my next tire if they have the sizes that I need.

The HTS look like very quiet running tires. I have run Generals on various work trucks and have always been happy with them. They are a Continental Tire Company BTW.

Yhooo, my dad just bought these GRABBER HTS tires for his 2003 Chevy 1500 4wd.
Went to the tire center ( I know the owner for 40 years).....told him my dad needed new tires.....he said, I got all kind of tires here , low prices and high prices.....but I'm telling u to buy these.....u won't go wrong with these new General Grabber HTS .
He mentioned they are a far cry from the old type of Grabber tires. He said " nuttin better" even at twice the price.
Hey even Consumer Reports took them as " first pick".

My dad likes them on his Chevy pu.
BOB

I put these on my '04 Buick Rainier (like a Chev. Trailblazer) to replace the stock Mich. Crossterrain's and am very, very impressed with LOW noise and exc. dry handling. A true match for the OEM MC's and at alot less $'s!
cheers3.gif

Intial reviews on the new Grabber HTS tires are good but I haven't seen many reviews with even 30K on them let alone 40, 50, or 60K. I want to see how they do long term before forming an opinion. Looks good so far but not enough long term use feedback for me yet to say they are great.

Last edited:
I just bought a set of 4 Grabber's for my Dakota. They run REAL nice and smooth. You don't even notice when going over rail road tracks, or very rutted potholed roads, seems like Cadillac smoothness!

I'm actually in the market for new 275/60/17's of which the Grabber HTS is an option..

Sidewall appearance is important to me, IMO the blackwall tires (pictured on Tirerack) look awful. I sent an email to Continental asking for a picture of the ORWL (white letter) sidewall, and they half-rudely told me to contact a dealer.

The response I got was unsatisfactory, I'll probably go with BFG Long Trail Tours, or the Road Venture APT KL51 that I have on now.

I had never used General tires before, but they came OE (grabber AW) on my Nissan pickup, I LOVED them. I drove that truck for 2 years (14k) and they brand new. They had excellent traction and were quiet. I was very happy with them.

I just installed a set on my father-in-law's Pilot and they are much better than the OEM Bridgestone for sure. Seem like a high quality tire, smooth and quiet. I may consider putting a set on my ML once the CrossTerrains wear down (which will be a while).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back