How many Canadian BITOGERS like guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Greaser
Yes... you have to have a license to handle a firearm at a store,purchase ammo,use a firearm while hunting (but not at a range while you are being instructed by a license holder),and of course if you purchase a rifle or shotgun.Handguns are little more restrictive but if you are a regular member, long-gun shooter, at a range in Canada then getting a handgun is not that high a hoop to jump through.

Sounds just like NJ.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Yes... you have to have a license to handle a firearm at a store,purchase ammo,use a firearm while hunting (but not at a range while you are being instructed by a license holder),and of course if you purchase a rifle or shotgun.Handguns are little more restrictive but if you are a regular member, long-gun shooter, at a range in Canada then getting a handgun is not that high a hoop to jump through.

Sounds just like NJ.

...will get worse after January 20th...

I have a .270 Savage and a .22 Ruger semi-auto. I've shot a few gophers with the Ruger, but I've only fired at targets with the Savage.

Handguns are little more restrictive but if you are a regular member, long-gun shooter, at a range in Canada then getting a handgun is not that high a hoop to jump through.

But you won't be able to carry it, except for the purpose of transportation to locations that you have a permit to transport to.

Originally Posted By: rpn453
I have a .270 Savage and a .22 Ruger semi-auto. I've shot a few gophers with the Ruger, but I've only fired at targets with the Savage.

Handguns are little more restrictive but if you are a regular member, long-gun shooter, at a range in Canada then getting a handgun is not that high a hoop to jump through.

But you won't be able to carry it, except for the purpose of transportation to locations that you have a permit to transport to.
This is correct.If you get a "permit to transport" a handgun with a broad range of clubs listed on the permit or "any/all clubs" that are licensed for handguns then transporting is simple.It depends on the C.F.O (Chief Firearms Officer)for your province and his wording on the permit.Personally I shoot in competitions at various clubs in Ontario and have also hunted with a handgun in Michigan for a couple of years...fun stuff!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back