Walmart to sell new chinese built cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sears houses were good. nowadays i insist on asian - everything else is cr#@p, overpriced, or both. i just bought a daewoo front load washer - it works like a dream, and i saved enough money to buy a fridge, in the deal.

Originally Posted By: scoobie
Sears houses were good. nowadays i insist on asian - everything else is cr#@p, overpriced, or both. i just bought a daewoo front load washer - it works like a dream, and i saved enough money to buy a fridge, in the deal.

Whoaa...wait a minute! This must be how most of my fellow Western Hemispherians think. Let's buy Chinese! So when we run out of money we can borrow more money from them to buy more of their stuff.

North America...the Great Cash Cow!

At least we infected them with McDonald's!
LOL.gif

Who woulda thunk it. Come to think of it why bale out G.M when we can get made in China cars. Equal quality at a quarter of the price.

Originally Posted By: Camu Mahubah

Whoaa...wait a minute! This must be how most of my fellow Western Hemispherians think. Let's buy Chinese! So when we run out of money we can borrow more money from them to buy more of their stuff.

LOL.gif

http://www.gadling.com/2008/03/05/chinese-food-more-american-than-apple-pie/

They say theres more Chinese food places in the US than there are McDonald's/Burger kings/Kfc's combined. So who infected who.
34.gif
I think its a setup for the eventual take over, they do need a place to eat.

Good luck with Daewoo. You'll need it. Daewoo isn't Panasonic or Sony or Whirlpool.

When I was in Korea, I asked a higher level ex-pat employee of a globally known electronics maker what kind of car does he have in the USA? A Toyota. Why not a Hyundai or Kia or Daewoo-built Suzuki? "Because I have a choice in the USA."

I don't trust Daewoo. Maybe Samsung or LG but definitely not Daewoo. My family bought one Daewoo made thing ever and it broke on us without being used all that often. My Samsung phone on the other hand has been great the last two years I've had it. My sister flooded and dropped (numerous times) her's and a few buttons stopped working but it still makes calls and do other stuff fine.

wow, I posted this in the humor section and nobody found the video funny?

to follow where the thread is headed; I researched new appliances earlier this year and all of the Asian brands have serious complaints about warranty service. LG has no factory service techs in my county, I can just imagine the cost of a service tech from 3 hours away. Local techs can repair but parts are a major issue.

Originally Posted By: Fester

LOL.gif

They say theres more Chinese food places in the US than there are McDonald's/Burger kings/Kfc's combined. So who infected who.
34.gif

You think the Chinese restaurants in America actually serve real Chinese food?

LOL.gif

34.gif

Do you think it should all be imported from China to qualify as Chinese? Or maybe just the Melamine sauce.

LOL.gif

34.gif

Do you think it should all be imported from China to qualify as Chinese? Or maybe just the Melamine sauce.

Turn your fork over. Does it say, "Stainless China"? Okay then they got you eating outta their fingers!

The chef, owner, and manager should have learned how to cook in Asia for it to be qualified as Chinese food.

p.s. PF Chang and Panda Express is not Chinese food, they are Chinese styled American food. Like Taco Bell is not Mexican and Olive Garden is not Italian.

LOL.gif

34.gif

Turn your fork over. Does it say, "Stainless China"? Okay then they got you eating outta their fingers!
LOL, actually it says made in Korea, thats south Korea I'm sure.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

The chef, owner, and manager should have learned how to cook in Asia for it to be qualified as Chinese food.
I would expect that if it were the equivalent of a fine French 5 star restaurant. But then how would you know if the Mexicans at the local Pei Wei were not schooled in Hong Kong cuisine
crackmeup2.gif

Code:

p.s. PF Chang and Panda Express is not Chinese food, they are Chinese styled American food. Like Taco Bell is not Mexican and Olive Garden is not Italian.
I wouldn't classify Olive Garden as food of any kind.. Barf.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

Exactly. I used to wash dishes in a Chinese restaurant. I never ever once saw the cooks eat stuff off the menu. I ate what they ate after the customers left. Authentic Cantonese. I sure miss that. Took a while to get used to. Wifey and I still eat rice almost everyday of the year.

Nearby town has 3 Chinese resturants. Wife and I eat at the one where the employees of the other two come to eat when off work. Probably Americanized, but it's darn sure good!

Bob

is there some image not showing up? I've got to scroll to view what appears should be normal width text
54.gif

Who did it?? Flog yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back