Bridgestone Blizzak WS 60 Snow Tires 2008 Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed 4 of these tires on my 2008 Honda Accord EX L. I find them excellent in snow and on ice. These tires are very quiet for snow tires. I put them on 4 steel rims and did not install the "Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors". I was under the impression that the "TPMS" light would stay lit on the dash but it doesn't. The light comes on for a few seconds at engine start and then goes out. I was prepared to put up with the light being on but I won't have to. I ordered these tires from Tire Rack at 4:00 on a friday and they were delivered on tuesday. Great servie from Tire Rack.

Interesting... i had a rental with tpms, and when one of the tires was low, the monitor light would stay on...

you have to find someone who won't rip you off on the installation and balancing, or you buy them on wheels, in which case it's all done when you get them, so if you need the wheels it's pretty cheap that way.

Quote:

What is the deal with Tire Rack? They send the tires and you have them mounted, balanced and installed locally?

Yes. Usually $12-15 / tire around where I live.

Since it is labor only for a garage, many times there never seems to be any paperwork....

If you don't need wheels then you have the tires sent to you and then take them to your favorite local tire dealer and get them installed. Tire Rack had a feature whereby you can search for tire stores in your area and their prices for installation.
I just did it last week. It's rather easy.

you can have them sent directly to you or one of the installers they deal with. if you are buying both the wheels and tires from them they will mount and balance them for you,its the cheapest way. I would have done that but they did not have the rims.there are big differences between what local dealers charge for installing and balancing.it best to call around

I assume this was a cross border transaction - surprised that you were able to get them so quickly. If you don't mind my asking, what shipping method did you use and how much did it cost to get them through customs, duty etc.

The winter tires I am looking at are $114 each in Canada yet are $66 in the US - if shipping and duties are reasonable it would make sense to have them shipped up.

I live near the US border so I had them sent to the US. I used UPS for shipping the charge was $53.00. when i brought them back into Canada I had to pay the HST. If you live near the border UPS will sometimes let you ship to them and pick them up at their depot. I paid $ 142.00 USD each for the 4 tires plus $53.00 shipping. The shipping charge to Canada was $ 100.00 more so I had them sent to a US adress. The chapest price I could find in Canada was $249.00 CDN at 1010tires.com plus $ 58.00 shipping

Originally Posted By: cdavidc1949
I live near the US border so I had them sent to the US. I used UPS for shipping the charge was $53.00. when i brought them back into Canada I had to pay the HST. If you live near the border UPS will sometimes let you ship to them and pick them up at their depot. I paid $ 142.00 USD each for the 4 tires plus $53.00 shipping. The shipping charge to Canada was $ 100.00 more so I had them sent to a US adress. The chapest price I could find in Canada was $249.00 CDN at 1010tires.com plus $ 58.00 shipping

I bought tires from tire rack as well. Saved a bundle of money. I'll never understand the spread between US and Canadian prices. I wish I could track down the university of Michigan study that tried to understand this spread. It factored in currency exchange, shipping costs, employer costs, taxes etc. (very thorough) and could not understand the spread either. It concluded that Canadians are used to paying more for items so retailers charge more. Sickening.

I too have a 2008 Accord EX-L V6 with WS60s!! I have them on steelies with the TPMS. I got my car Nov 28th, 2007, and had them on all winter last year. They do an amazing job in the ice and snow. They are better than the First Gen X-Ices I have on my 2003 Accord.

Last year I paid $1100CAD installed for WS60s+Steelies+Sensors. They are well worth the price!

Last edited:
Many car dealerships service departments not only allow carry-in tires but also accept delivery of them for you. Pretty sweet deal if your place charges minimally, like the $40/4 the two dealers I deal with do.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Any problems with problems? Let's say you have a shimmy, who fixes it? The installer could say "Bad tires, sorry".

The installer will normally try to correct the problem if it's a balancing issue. But if the tires turn out to be out of round (manufacturing defect), then TireRack will send you replacements and take the defective tires back. But I can imagine how it can quickly get complicated if you order internationally (Canada).

TPMS Update
The TPMS Light came on today for the first time.I read on a Accord fourum that other people had the same thing happen with the light coming on after a few weeks.

Bought WS-60's with wheels (no sensors) from Tire Rack a few weeeks ago for my 08 Odyssey. TPMS light came on right away which I can live with since I would have to have the dealership calibrate twice a year anyway when I switch from stock to the snows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back