got my XDM 9mm finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey whats up guys..i just wanted to share with you guys that i finally picked up my new gun today...its a bi-tone xdm 9mm...i went to the range and shot 300 rounds thru it today..no problems or anything to report and so far i'm really liking the gun. Its awesome how you can change grips on it to better suit the size of your hand..this is my first gun, do you guys have any recommendations on cleaners and oil??

Buy a pistol cleaning kit, pick up some extra 9mm pistol bronze brushes. Try to clean it the day you fire it.

The solvent and oil that comes with the kit should be decent stuff, but Break Free CLP is kind of an "all in one" cleaner Lubricant and Protectant.

No reason that it shouldent last multiple lifetimes if you take good care of it. The firearms that are produced today can fire 50,000+ rounds before they need their springs replaced. Barrels and other fittings can last longer if treated well and cleaned regularly.

Good first choice in firearms, I want one but cannot justify the cost at this moment. I have a few neato plastic firearms to shoot right now.
grin2.gif

Awesome, I just bought my new Mil-Spec today. Looks like a good day for the shooters of BITOG.

Congrats on the new firearm.
My advice:
1. Fully understand the mechanism by which your gun operates. Take it apart and put it back together. Worth doing for cleaning, in case of a malfunction, or just to better understand your weapon.

2. Join the NRA.

3. Break-free, Hoppes 9 and Sweet's 7.62 are each good for their own purposes.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Awesome, I just bought my new Mil-Spec today. Looks like a good day for the shooters of BITOG.

My advice:
1. Fully understand the mechanism by which your gun operates. Take it apart and put it back together. Worth doing for cleaning, in case of a malfunction, or just to better understand your weapon.

2. Join the NRA.

Very well said.

Originally Posted By: Travis99LS1
Hey whats up guys..i just wanted to share with you guys that i finally picked up my new gun today...its a bi-tone xdm 9mm...i went to the range and shot 300 rounds thru it today..no problems or anything to report and so far i'm really liking the gun. Its awesome how you can change grips on it to better suit the size of your hand..this is my first gun, do you guys have any recommendations on cleaners and oil??

Where can I see a picture of one of these? I'm thinking about a 9mm in the near future, and I'm looking at all of them, although I'm leaning toward less expensive ones, such as a Ruger. I do love the Walther guns, too, though.

Agree. Join and support the NRA!! We may need all of the legislative savvy of this group in the next 4-8 years if we are to keep our rights...and our guns.

Originally Posted By: IndyFan
Originally Posted By: Travis99LS1

Where can I see a picture of one of these? I'm thinking about a 9mm in the near future, and I'm looking at all of them, although I'm leaning toward less expensive ones, such as a Ruger. I do love the Walther guns, too, though.

http://www.the-m-factor.com/

thanks for the replies so far guys..i'll pick up a cleaning kit tomorrow and make sure everything is clean and oiled up

Congratulations, I've looked at those XDMs at the local gun shop before, they look and feel good.

Originally Posted By: IndyFan
Wow, that looks great! Where do they fall in comparison to others for price? Low, mid, or high?

Hey man...the gunstore i bought my'n from had the bitone for $629 and the all black for $579..and right now when you buy one you get two extra magazines for free..theres also a lifetime warranty on the gun which i thought was a big plus over some other guns i was looking at.

all the XD guns should come with a hard case with two magazines, a magazine holster, a gun holster, and some misc stuff. There is a promotion right now to get more free magazines from Springfield Armory depending on when you purchased your XD(M). Travis look up the promotion on Xdtalk.com

two more free mags and a pouch

http://www.springfield-armory.com/gearup/gearup.pdf

Last edited:
I have 2 of the older design XD's and like them very much. The XDM looks like a real improvement, but I have yet to handle one.

Quote:
The firearms that are produced today can fire 50,000+ rounds before they need their springs replaced.

Not quite. Most semi auto pistols have a recoil spring replacement due around 5K and other springs around 20K.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02

My advice:

2. Join the NRA.

Great advice! I bought a brand spankin' new Colt Defender .45 this weekend and the first thing I did when I got it home was field strip it and clean it. I had never opened up an Officers style pistol before with its different style guide rod/no barrel bushing set up.

Oh!... and I didn't make an idiot mark!!!
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back