Dead Cow Disease....

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a dead cow under the rail bridge for at least 6 weeks now.....she was a fresian,could of been a good milker by the look of her.I go over the rail bridge on my pushbike to work,and sometimes stop and look over the rail to see if she is still trapped on one of the piers - but if there is no wind I don't have to stop,I can tell she is still there.We need a lot more spring rain than we got today before she'll float free....

Some enterprising water cooler salespeople have been going around the town offering free water coolers because of the water contamination.Um....you have to pay for the water though.But the water intake for the town supply is up stream of the dead cow,and is treated anyway.Good try - the neighbours got sucked in.

care to share a photo? that is pretty messed up. can't they blow her away or poke it with a stick.

found an electrocuted possum (i think) in the driveway the other day. was about 40cm long! buried it under lawn clippings to mask the smell and let the maggots hook in.

we all die one day I just wish I don't get stuck on the bridge.

35.gif

That storm hitting Aussie is going to get over here for the weekend,she might get floated off in the flood.I'll see if I can get a photo on the way home....I'm not going to loose my breakfast on the way to work! Everyone I see on the bridge as I ride over is peering over the side,so she must be worth another look by now.The eels will be working on her from the bottom up.

The bloating is long gone,now she is melting.A few weeks ago she was enormous,I was hoping she wouldn't explode.

cowah5.jpg

This is the rail bridge,a truss type with the rail deck 1/3 of the way up.I takes a coal train or so a day from the open cast West Mine.The cow is caught up in the pier with the debris.

railbridgegg8.jpg

This is the road bridge 1/2 km up river,it was upgraded 3 years ago to take the new generator across to the power station.

bridgemz3.jpg

The power station

powerstationox4.jpg

I sent a couple of thousand dollars of drill bits to that power station a few years ago.

That third photo is pretty as.

I bet a couple of thousand people in town have a drill bit then....the power station won't have any.I took some photo's on the way to work,so calm and crisp....on the way home the wind was up a bit.

I do have a close up in high resolution......

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: MarginCalled
It's just a Holstein(er). If it were Fleckvieh I might show more compassion.
LOL.gif

Nobody cares about the Dutch
crackmeup2.gif

Holstein is in the Netherlands?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holstein
Originating in Europe, Holsteins were developed in what is now the Netherlands and more specifically in the two northern provinces of North Holland and Friesland (not from Holstein, Germany). The original animals were the regional cattle of the Batavians and Frisians, two tribes who settled in the coastal Rhine region around 2,000 years ago.

Actually, the Holstein is an American breed that was bred from Frisian (Germany) and Holstein (Germany) breeds by German immigrants in the 17th century North America. It was only in 1876 that the American-bred Holstein was reimported to Germany. By the 1960s the Holstein outnumbered the until then dominant domestic "Schwarzbunte" (black-colored) cattle in Germany.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holstein-Rind

grin2.gif

Actually, the Holstein is an American breed that was bred from Frisian (Germany) and Holstein (Germany) breeds by German immigrants in the 17th century North America. It was only in 1876 that the American-bred Holstein was reimported to Germany. By the 1960s the Holstein outnumbered the until then dominant domestic "Schwarzbunte" (black-colored) cattle in Germany.
Are you claiming Friesland as part of Germany? They're Dutch! Don't contradict me on this one Thomas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back