Gaff in a group...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of a funny but true story. I go to bible study every Tues am (6-7, then on to work). A group of fellows, Microsoft employees, etc (I don't hold this against them) who are generally sharp as a tack. This last Tuesday, we were settling in to begin, with a little chit chat going on.....suddenly one guy just more or less out of the blue says....to another guy all the way across the room: "Hey, I slept with your wife the other night..........(instant dead silence in the room!).....er I meant your wife slept over....I mean she spent the night with us....she spent the night at our house......." Everybody busted out laughing very hard.

Turns out the shocked dude is having part of the house remodeled and was on business travel. His wife did not feel comfortable being home alone. The wives are friends, so she spent the night at gaffing guy's house!

It happened so fast that no popped jaws or eyeballs, more laughter and relieved laughter than anything. Maybe somebody thought it was bold confessional!

But we got to meetin' real quick after that.....

That's hilarious!

Reminds me of the time when my best friend, now an ordained minister was giving a sermon during Youth Sunday. This was an annual event where the service was conducted entirely by the youth of the church, including the sermon.

I don't recall what his message was about. But I do recall one of the illustrations he used. He totaled his parents VW Rabbit Diesel and using that accident in the sermon, he said, "One of the most difficult times in my life was when I had to tell his father the Rabbit died."

Well, there were only about 6 people in the church who really knew what he meant, but everyone else, including many little old church ladies as well as whomever was listing over the radio broadcast probably thought he meant he impregnated a girl.

He never even thought of that until after church when so many where asking him what is going on with the girl, when's the baby due, etc.

He never once mentioned a traffic accident from the pulpit, so folks assumed the Rabbit died mean he got a girl pregnant.

It was quite a shock to the church, until the truth finally came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back