Anyone else having FireFox trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. DEP is supposed to prevent programs from trying to execute what's supposed to be data instead of code. Firefox shouldn't really be triggering that. Don't have time to read over the thread again but what plugins and add-ons are you running?

For add-ons, go to Tools -> Add-Ons for the list.
For plugins, go to the address bar and type about:plugins and hit enter.

One of these might be causing the DEP error.

Any of the guru's solved this issue (if they have it)? So far ..FF has self upgraded itself a few times ..with the last evolution appearing to crash even quicker upon attempting to pull up most pdf files. Now it's less "hang time" in between the click and the crash.

At least their making progress. It's in the wrong direction ..but
21.gif

It also does it on some Quicktime files. This appears to be a new(er) development.

I have a HP Vista Home Prem 64bits, been using Firefox3.0.3 fine,
yesterday FF kept crashing , couldn't even open due to conflict w/ DEP, it happened after an automatic update.
Found solution from the forum of my anti virus software (Bitdefender):
Go to Start > Firefox (not the FF icon on the desk top), right click FF > select start Firefox in safe mode, with all Addons or Extensions turn off.
FF will start, and then I restore my add on extension one at a time, and my problem was Bitdefender's Anti PHishing Tool Bar, leaving it disable, all is fine. And later I updated to FF3.0.4.still have to turn off BD's anti phishing extension.
Give it a try, hope it help.

I have been using FF 3.1 beta 1 as my primary browser for several weeks on a computer that runs Vista Business. FF 3.1 is fast, has not crashed a single time, and seems very polished for a beta release. I wish that there were more Add-Ons available for FF 3.1, especially themes, but do understand that this is a beta release. The only other complaint that I have against FF (all versions) is that videos which are posted and load from Yahoo's home page fail to play on an intermittent basis. This may be due to some funny business on Microsoft's part, however, because I can open and watch the same video using the IE 8 beta 2 release. By the way, the IE 8 runs extremely well on the same computer. Personally, I prefer the user interface of IE 8, but use FF 3.1 as my primary browser. The 3.0.X versions of FF allow the use of an experimental theme that makes FF mimic IE 8. Just register on the Mozilla site, which is free, and you will be able to use any available experimental Add-Ons.

Here is the Link to the FF 3.1 beta release. Keep in mind that most of your existing FF Add-Ons will not work with this beta. Should you decide to try FF 3.1, your original FF installation will be left intact. You will have the option to uninstall FF 3.1 and accordingly.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.1b1/releasenotes/

Here is the link to IE 8 Beta 2:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/beta/default.aspx

Thanks, I got the 3.1.x beta ..and it appears to work. So far the usual suspects aren't crashing.

banana2.gif
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back