Where to buy a case of filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
My car and suv take the same wix filter, does anyone know where i could get a case for a good price? Also where can i get a good universal oil filter wrench.

Thanks

Check out one of our Site sponsors, fleetfilter.com. Should be able to get a good price on Napa Golds, which are made by Wix. As far as the wrench, I couldn't tell you, probably your local Auto Parts store.

As MysticGold04 said, fleetfilter.com sells the Napa Gold filters which are identical to the Wix filter. I've bought from them and everything was pretty inexpensive compared to buying locally and I was very happy with my order.

Try a local oil distributor, one in my area will sell the Wix 51085 for my vehicles for $4.80 each if purchased by the case, if your cars take the same filter get a filter wrench specifically suited for that filter, do not worry about it fitting other filters.

Check out RockAuto.com

I received 10 of their "Pro-Tec" labeled WIX made filters for less than $25 delivered. My Crown Vic and F250 both use the same filter.

I use rockauto for generic filters. Usually if you buy all the stuff from the same brand the shipping is much lower than elsewhere.

Amazon.com sells universal filter wrenches. I bought mine there, but you can also get them at other places. The one I got from Amazon was called the Lisle Import Filter Wrench, it fits most small to mid sized oil filters. For larger filters, I bought a large plier-style wrench from a local store called Meijer (similar to Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc.). Last time I checked, K-Mart had some Pennzoil brand oil filter wrenches. I can't remember if Wal-Mart sells them...

Amazon:
Get this one (its for the smaller import filter) they have one for the large size filter.

410MX59EA1L._SL160_AA160_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back