LCD Screen playing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
LCD screen, 18 months old, was a cheapy when I bought it new.

Last few days, the screen doesn't want to wake up in the morning.

Move the mouse and it powers up, for about 2 seconds, then blacks out...off black, not idle black.

Turn it off, and on, powers up for three seconds.

Repeat a few times, and maybe it will stay on. Can sometimes be tricked by changing the brightness settings during the 3 secs...probably is that those were the times that it was going to stay on anyway.

Today it wouldn't run at all, for more than three seconds.

Currently typing on an old CRT screen, and the video card seems happy (the screen wasn't going "no signal", it was off off.)

It is ractus ?

No idea, beside something in the power supply is going.

I recently got a 22" wide monitor and WOW! No comparison. So much easier to read and see. Getting old does stink though.

Probably correct there.

Tried it at a power point with no computer. "No signal" was there for the three seconds every time.

Had that go on my laptop at work, and there was still a picture there, just had to look really hard.

Still sounds like it's stuffed.

Try putting a light near the vents on the back and see if you can get some light through the LCD to identify if there's a picture there.

Tried that...they've installed labarynthian type vents (to stop stray lighting ???)

New screen on hold until I pay for new bathroom, rewiring the house, last year's tax bill, council rates etc...all by the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back