VW oil list

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed the Elves with this one which is kind of stupid of me since they live in Germany and see all this stuff before I do. They were kind and didn't rub that in, but I did get this out of them: "SLX 5W-40, indeed! HAH!" You can interpret that how you will.

I use Castrol Syntec 5W40 in my VW. The bottle says it is VW approved and my Autozone always stocks it, so I use it. I used Shell Rotella T 5W40 prior to finding the Syntec.

Originally Posted By: 99
I use Castrol Syntec 5W40 in my VW. The bottle says it is VW approved and my Autozone always stocks it, so I use it. I used Shell Rotella T 5W40 prior to finding the Syntec.

Syntec meets an older VW spec. It may not be the best oil for your engine(s). In fact, the Rotella T synthetic was/is probably superior to the Castrol Syntec. There are lots of UOA results with Rotella and nearly all of them are excellent.

Originally Posted By: Tornado Red
Originally Posted By: 99

Syntec meets an older VW spec. It may not be the best oil for your engine(s). In fact, the Rotella T synthetic was/is probably superior to the Castrol Syntec. There are lots of UOA results with Rotella and nearly all of them are excellent.

Same with Delvac 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back