New Valve Stems? 2006 GMC Yukon Denali

Status
Not open for further replies.

PT1

I have an 06 Yukon Denali XL and will be replacing the factory tires soon. My truck has the tire inflation system where you can view each individual tires pressure while driving and alerts you to pressure loss once under 25psi. Should I replace the factory valve stems when I get new tires or are these "lifetime". I know there is a microchip transmitter in each wheel. Is the valve stem removeable?

Replace them when you get new tires. Otherwise leave them be if there are no problems.

Unless you think you have those recalled Dill valve stems. Then by all means stick it to somebody to replace them!

There are two versions. The early version was metal and the later went to rubber. The early version I would not replac. The later version there is a kit to replace the rubber parts. But 2006 is not old and these are NOT those cheapo chinese stems that are recalled so I would not worry unless you see cracks.

Originally Posted By: PT1
Mine are the metal ones that bolt through the wheel.
The tire shop will unbolt em from the wheel before breaking the tire down. They should replace all the rubber parts when they mount it back together.

The actual sensor won't get replaced unless it gets damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back