Motorcraft Synthetic Blend Vs. Mopar MaxPro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using nothing but Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 10W-30 in my SUV for a long time now, after all I've read. Last night, a friend of mine was telling me Mopar MaxPro 10W-30 is a much better motor oil than Motorcraft, but obviously had nothing to back it up. He claims it's "German engineered" and has a "European formula", but again there is nothing mentioned along the lines on the jug. Not to say I don't beleive him, but there is no hard evidence.

Done a search, but there wasn't much mentioned on Mopar MaxPro. I know Motorcraft is produced by ConocoPhillips, and has proven itself with some pretty good UOA results. Now this got me interested - who manufactures MaxPro, and how good is it compared to Motorcraft's Synthetic Blend? Thank you!

I have not seen it. Normally I would say if you have been having good results with the MC I would stick with it,, but I understand wanting to try other oils and stuff like that.

If I was to consider an upgrade, my best bet would be Penzzoil Platinum from what I've read. Although that would be an expensive upgrade, as it's only available at Ace Hardware in my neck of the woods at ~ $8 USD per quart for 5W-30!!

I just buy a case of MC, so it costs a heck of a lot less but even that's gone up in price to $29 USD now, when it used to be $16 back in July.

I didn't know that Motorcraft made a synth blend in 10-30.
I thought 5-20 and 5-30 were the semi synth offerings [I use both in my personal cars].
If anything, the 10-30 would be even tougher.
I'd stick with this proven winner.

Mobil makes Mopar Max Pro as far as I can tell it is the same or similar to Exxon Super Flo and what once was Mobil Drive Clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back