HFCS is poison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

On a different note, after drinking Coke in glass again for a while, I realized how disgusting plastic bottled pop tastes. It almost tastes stale no matter how fresh or how cold. Glass bottle Coke is so much sweeter, crisper and satisfying. 8 ounces in place of 20.

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
I agree.

On a different note, after drinking Coke in glass again for a while, I realized how disgusting plastic bottled pop tastes. It almost tastes stale no matter how fresh or how cold. Glass bottle Coke is so much sweeter, crisper and satisfying. 8 ounces in place of 20.

I love my soda in a glass bottle and I like it with cane sugar instead of HFCS. In fact I just polished off a bottle of gourmet cane sugar Root Beer in a frosty glass. Nothing better my friend.

Yeah and water is deadly too.

HFCS has its place but it's freakin everywhere now and in quantities that are way overdone. I can taste it in drinks but I'm seeing it in almost every packaged dessert.

I know that most export "soda" has cane sugar in it rather than HFCS, but does anyone know if domestic fountain drinks do as well?

Dr. Pepper from a fountain tastes infinitely better than Dr. Pepper from a 2 liter.

wait until it seeps out of the land fills and starts showing up in municipal water supplies and home wells.
mothers with babies growing cancer warts on their mouths will howl all the way to DC

used to ride my bike all weekend scouring the country roads for pop bottles to take and redeem so i could buy a big tall 16 ounce Pepsi or the old sexy curvy Coke glass bottle and slide it out the metal neck retainer on the old time pop machines with water bath cooling.

sure tasted good after a hot bike ride

every time i see a Guppy drinking a $3 bottle of that expensive H2O, i picture some wino peeing in the river upstream of the bottling plant or the Bling H2O bottling plant downstream on the river below the sewer plant outflow.

Originally Posted By: mpersell
HFCS has its place

So does melamine.

HFCS is simply an artificial means to make a cheaper product.

Mike you are pre-med - find out about that extra 5% fructose and how the body deals with it.

Fructose in and of itself is not evil. It's the "man made" variety with corn syrup that is just not good for humans in the least, especially when combined with hollow calorie laden foods.

Totally agree here.

I've spent quite some time perusing ingredient labels at my local supermarket and have concluded that HFCS is ubiquitous in most product there. In fact, it's difficult to find product without it.

It's the main reason I now shop at organic food resellers exclusively.

HFCS pure khrap. I lose weight when I stay away from anything with HFCS in it, white bread and salty/greasy foods.

I wonder how much better Heinz Ketchup would taste if they used real sugar rather than HFCS.

Coke/Pepsi in a bottle is fantastic compared the HFCS U.S. version of "Coke". Just doesn't taste the same.

This thread is making me hungry. It's time to go and chug a quart of high fructose corn syrup.

I'm not much of a soft drink drinker, but Jarritos are good. Real ingredients instead of HFCS. It's a shame that it has come to this...importing soft drnks from Mexico to get healthier ones.

I read about a restaurant in our area that imports bottle Coca Cola from Mexico for people that want Coke with sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back