Engrish Funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the magnets on our fridge is a small margarita. On the bottom it reads: "Eating Prohibiter, only for seeing."

Engrish written and spoken by non-native English speakers may be funny, but English riddled with bad grammar and poor choice of words, based on a mere 300 word lexicon, is just sad and embarrassing.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Engrish written and spoken by non-native English speakers may be funny, but English riddled with bad grammar and poor choice of words, based on a mere 300 word lexicon, is just sad and embarrassing.

Lol

I subscribe to the Arnold Braunswagger school of finer speaking,

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I subscribe to the Arnold Braunswagger school of finer speaking,

Don't forget he's an Austrian redneck. His "German" is worse that is his English. He is incapable of speaking anything resembling High German. Therefore, Arnold is dubbed in the German language versions of his movies by this German actor and voice actor.

And while you are at it, what the heck is with the (seemingly growing number of) people in the USA unable to spell (or even pronounce) "congratulations"? There is no "d". OK?

I thought that he did too, but google says that it's just a rumor to explain his incapability of morphing his speech pattern.

He must be a NooWingland Os-treein'. You don't have to use proper annunciation in verbal communication.

I'm frum NooWingland
frown.gif
Like Arnie ..I haf tooo choose my wards care fooly.

True, but that is another story........

Originally Posted By: buster

True, but that is another story........

True but it IS funny.

People laugh at other people's bad English all the time, but few Americans know more than one language. I'm sure some of these people would make some funny signs as well if they had to use Babel Fish or something similar to translate English into some foreign language. And as mori stated, there are many people who are barely proficient in English, and it's their first language.

Having read machine operating manuals written in engrish, I always wondered why these companies couldn't hire some American or a good bilingual person for one day to proofread what is sometimes rather important text. It makes you wonder what other things should be done (but they don't do) for their product!

Remember, this falls in the "humor" section. It's a JOKE. Good grief. We all know Mori is an elitist with perfect linguistic skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back