Weapon Shield VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:
But I started using Weapon Shield on most of my guns because it supposedly didn't contain the chlorinated stuff that Miltic-1 contained.

The WS site says that it contains halogenated hydrocarbons right on the first page.

Militec gets cute by saying that they don't have any chlorinated paraffins...when what they have is chlorinated olefins.
smirk2.gif

So then there is no significant difference between them in that respect?

They both have chlorinated EP additives. The militec has a reputation for causing rust, the WS (and previous FP-10) do not.

The chemical components of Breakfree are a closely guarded secret but Breakfree is supposed to be recommended by SIG and Glock armorers. Breakfree was the first product to meet some strict military requirements. I hear Breakfree is not being used now by the military and instead something else is being used.

I got some strange results when I tested Breakfree but I will say for Breakfree that at least it did meet the military requirements. So another option is just to use Breakfree. Of course it might have clorinated EP additives also-we will probably never know. It is supposed to be safe to use as long as you do not drink the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back