PI/S1/FP/Lucas UCL/Two stroke? As rotary premix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada,North America,Western Hemisphere,Earth,Milk
Which one would work best as a premix in my gasoline for my RX8 rotary engine? Which would have the bestb cleaning properties and which would have the best lubricating properties?

Amsoil PI, Redline S1, Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant, or a Two Stroke Oil?

If you say two stroke oil, would you prefer a synthetic or dino oil for that purpose?

Thanks

Amsoil PI and Redline SI-1 are going to be the better cleaners. The Redline SI-1 mentions "SI-1 also contains detergents and a synthetic upper cylinder lubricant which will help clean pollution control valves and can reduce octane requirements by two numbers. SI-1 also protects the fuel system from rust." while the Amsoil doesn't seem to mention any lubricating abilities. Amsoil says the P.I. should be used every 4000 miles, while the Redline says it can be used continuously.

If I knew what the lubricant is in SI-1, I'd say it was probably the better of the two for constant use.

I've used TC-W3 2 stroke oil, and my engine runs very smooth, and I do get slightly better fuel mileage. I do however get even better fuel mileage with Lucas UCL, and it is advertised as an upper cylinder lubricant.

They're all different enough and do different things that it's a constant source of questions for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back