Amsoil Synthetic Multi-Purpose Grease #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys ,I searched but didnt find what I was looking for ,
I have a Ford p.u. truck that I added zerks to the factory ball joints when new ,and have been using Amsoil synthetic multi-purpose grease #2,it's red in color , is there a better synthetic grease I could be using for the truck's suspension , I grease the ball joints and the steering linkage at every 3k oil change. Any recommendations Amsoil or otherwise?

I just bought the Amsoil Synthetic HD Grease for king pins, ball joints, and other front end parts. Amsoil part GHDCR, seemed like a good choice. I was using Mobil 1 grease for years w/o issue. Either is good, especially at 3,000 mile intervals. You probably could double that interval w/o issue.

Frank D

Your multi-purpose red grease will work fine, but for ball joints and steering I like the GHD that demarpaint just ordered. I like a little moly in my suspension grease. In high temp applications like wheel bearings, you really do not need any moly. A good all purpose grease is the Amsoil 2000 series racing grease, but I still prefer the GHD for by ball joints.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back