Kendall High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get their GT-1 full synthetic for like $3 a qt. at a local hardware chain (Value) and compares very favorably to something like Pennzoil Platinum -at least on paper. I have no proof, but imagine their Kendall GT-1 synthetic blend is almost identical to Philips66 TropArc motor oil, which is no longer sold here. Conoco-Philips may have purchased the Kendall name and basically rebranded Philips66 TropArc, for name recognition purposes, as Kendall was always popular on parts of the East Coast. But I haven't seen their HM around...

Their sheets are here: http://www.kendallmotoroil.com/Product+Data+Sheets/Automotive+Engine+Oils.htm

Last edited:
That website prices are outrageous. They want $3.76 a quart for Kendall 5W-30? This is the same Conoco clone as 76 Super and Trop-Artic. You can buy these two brands for under $2.00 a quart were I live.

Yeah, the prices are awful, and I can get Kendall anywhere on the cheap.

Just never saw the High Mileage for sale anywhere.

Before I had the means to be a DIY'er again (I used to use my Dad's shop back home), a shop I went to for an oil change put Kendall 5w30 semi-syn in my 2007 Malibu. That was the worst oil I've ever had in it based on how the car felt and the fuel mileage.

I drained it out after 2000 miles and went back to Pennzoil Platinum. It took about 300 miles, but it feels normal again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back