Lucas UCL Added to a New Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT is never too early to start dosing a fuel add. Some claim to wait on oil adds though.

We have used Lucas UCL in the past 4 vehicles we have owned.

When I picked them up they fill the tank as part of the deal and I had my 5.25 oz bottle of Lucas with me and added it before they topped off the tank.

I use it every time I buy gas @ the rate of around 2.5 oz per 10 gallons of fuel.

I have used Lucas UCL in my 2007 Civic LX since it was brand new. The engine idles a tad smoother and the car seems to reach speed with less effort. I feel that using Lucas UCL while breaking in a new engine is a good practice because clearances are tight and the added lubricity should help to reduce heat (my theory - not based on fact).

I also add one bottle of Redline SI-1 to the tank of gas that I use just before each oil change. Since the car is not driven very much (6,300 miles total since it was new in May 2007), I change the oil once every 6 months. This is overkill, but the only thing hurting is my wallet.

I used Lucas in the past and never again..Not worth the $26 a gallon or half that. Better off with 131

I think if you're looking for a UCL or Top Oil MMO is the best bang for the buck. I started using it in my 08 Jeep after about 500 miles, I should have started using it day 1. It will keep things clean from day one and provide the UCL benefits.

JMO,
Frank D

I used Lucas, now I'm using two cycle oil TCW-3 the car goes much smoother maybe because the 2 cycle oil hold the high temperature better than Lucas so it lubricate better.

JHZR2,

Have you ever used Lucas UCL and if so, what are your opinions ?

Is this stuff worth the money ?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Mephy
If you want an UCL use TC-W3 cost half of lucas and is much better.

I saw far better fuel mileage gains with Lucas than I did with the TC-W3.

Typical with the Lucas was 19.5-20.2, and with the TC-W3 I was around 17.8

I seem to be one of the few that sees that drastic of a difference.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: Mephy
If you want an UCL use TC-W3 cost half of lucas and is much better.

I saw far better fuel mileage gains with Lucas than I did with the TC-W3.

Typical with the Lucas was 19.5-20.2, and with the TC-W3 I was around 17.8

I seem to be one of the few that sees that drastic of a difference.

At which mix ratio ?

I used lucas at ratio of 800:1 and the car seemed to loose a bit of power than I used it at 1000:1 with good effect, but the tc-w3 seems make the car more quite than lucas despite is less tick, maybe it doens't shrink at high temperature as lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back