New 504 / 507 Volkswagen Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be getting this in from Pentosin here soon. Going to run it in the Jetta next OCI and compare it to M1 0w-40. Looks to be a good candidate for the new TDI and BlueTec diesels.

2984855738_d6269cc206_b.jpg

I know this isn't a HUGE concern, but it barely meets the -30 cranking viscosity number - the 'limit' is 6600! I've never seen an oil come so close to the limit number. A lot of 10W-30 syns could probably even come close to that number!

Most of the PAOs I've seen for 10w-30 are in the 4000-5000 range but measured at -25C. This is a little syrupy for the CCS but its 5w-30 competition is usually well under 6000.

Last edited:
This is the real stuff. This ain't no Valvoline pseudosynth synthinese oil from Wally World.

Those are uber approvals, not just Amsoil-like claims or meets/exceeds whatevers.

This is the stuff that MB suggests you run in your $120K+ CL supercar for up to 2 yrs/30000 miles.

It should be great for your VW's 10000 mile OCI (per US specs).

According to MB, 229.5 approved oils (gasoline engines) can extend drain intervals to 30,000 km (about 18.5k miles), 229.51 approved oils (diesel engines) can extend drain intervals to 20,000 km (about 12.5k miles). This oil is on MB 229.51 list, therefore can be used in a diesel engine up to 12.5k miles.

I will begin to use this in all the VAG cars I service going to the max OCI.

As of right now I'm still waiting to here from our vendor. Will up date you guys ASAP.

Originally Posted By: ourfamo4
I will begin to use this in all the VAG cars I service going to the max

Do all those cars come equipped with WIV or whatever the flexible service interval system is called? Keep in mind US fuel quality does not match US fuel quality, which means the oil may not hold up as long as you might expect.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: ourfamo4
I will begin to use this in all the VAG cars I service going to the max

Do all those cars come equipped with WIV or whatever the flexible service interval system is called? Keep in mind US fuel quality does not match US fuel quality, which means the oil may not hold up as long as you might expect.

No. All the US cars are fixed intervals only. HOwever keep in mind, 504/507 is for both fixed and flexible intervals.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
All the US cars are fixed intervals only. However keep in mind, 504/507 is for both fixed and flexible intervals.

That does not mean that you can safely use 504/507 oil up to the maximum mileage or time limit without the proper equipment or without monitoring via UOAs, which is apparently ourfamo4's brave yet misguided plan. Now, I'm all for it him going for it, but I do enjoy telling folks, "I told you so."

My plan as of now is to run a 6 month/8k OCI in the Jetta with this oil once my run of M1 0w40 is over. I just ran a 7k or so run of Maxlife 5w30 synthetic with great results(see UOA section), so I think this oil will suit me fine.

I've been running different brands and weights in the Passat & TDI, so I hoping this is a one size fits all solution.

Lastly the 10k statement was to say that all the cars follow the same OCI per VW. The 504/507 spec. was to bring all of these cars under one oil. So we'll see what happens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back